XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM11 working for Developer Edition

Tip us?

LillieBennett
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhufford81 View Post
Use the one from T-Mobile thread it is official, and its the same device. Works just fine, been using it from day one.
Bigbiff did the T-Mobile and is offering to make it official and put it into goo et. el.

SM-N900V DE
The Following User Says Thank You to LillieBennett For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cam30era
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 308
On the International Note 3 development thread, there is a new, working nightly based on the unified device tree. I've not tried it, but posting a link here. I take no credit for this. Credit to Christer12 and Tony Layher.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8A5...RTZENYTU0/edit

You can follow the discussion here, starting with post #642 >http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...616162&page=65

mattwarr
Old
(Last edited by mattwarr; 21st March 2014 at 09:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhufford81 View Post
I've been trying to figure it out all day. So far I think I have it figured out possibly. Its gotta be the APN settings but when I try to edit them it won't let me save MCC or MNC changes. MCC needs to be 310 and MNC needs to be 012. It will let me add http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms to the MMSC field and save but that alone doesn't fix. I also tried swapping my apns-conf.xml from system/etc with the one from my eclipse ROM. I'm sure this problem is a minor one we just need a real dev to help.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
It's a developer issue, so yeah they would need to get in on it. I won't be bothered with waiting around for that to happen though. I just flashed back to JB to wait out the storm. I didn't really see anything too special about KitKat anyway. It seems that the best way to avoid these struggles is to always stay one Android version behind the developers. (use 3.x instead of 4.x until 5.x)

cam30era
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwarr View Post
It's a developer issue, so yeah they would need to get in on it. I won't be bothered with waiting around for that to happen though. I just flashed back to JB to wait out the storm. I didn't really see anything too special about KitKat anyway. It seems that the best way to avoid these struggles is to always stay one Android version behind the developers. (use 3.x instead of 4.x until 5.x)
Not sure I understand your post. CM11 is about AOSP ROM, more so than kitkat. And the unified nightly hlte work fine on our DE phones.
The Following User Says Thank You to cam30era For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]