Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,990 Members 37,126 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

iPhone Notifications on Gear via Growl ?

Tip us?

Accounti
Old
(Last edited by Accounti; 18th March 2014 at 01:20 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOmey View Post
Dude read the instructions on the site you posted..

If you use bluetooth a IP is not needed...

The IP, must be a public IP.. not a local IP which bluetooth tethering would use.
Do you know a service that offers a free public IP adress for free ?
And how the Gear would get notifications from the internet ? they would have to be pushed to the gear ...

Accounti
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOmey View Post
Its possible to do, although you would need a iphone jailbreak developer to code up a app..

For example look at M2D, it sends notifications from a android phone to the gear without gear manager.. it is possible.. I just dont know if there is already a existing app out there to do it.

Yeah the problem is to find a developer that has a Gear and an iPhone

Accounti
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
So for the moment I am trying to use internet to send notifications to the gear. What I want to do is Each time the iPhone will get a notification then it will push to pushingbox the notification, than pushingbox will transmit to NotifyMyandroid which is installed I the gear. The delay is pretty correct (2-3 seconds I think).
The main problem here is to get an app that will send data to pushingbox. I tried something but did not want to work for the moment.
If someone has some knowledge or anything any help is welcome !
Stay tuned

Accounti
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I come with bad news, What we have to do to get all the notifications is to develop a mobile substrate tweak that would catch all the notifications and push them. I wanted to do it with pushingbox that could then push them via notifymyandroid to the Gear but i don't have any knowledge in objective-c and all the developers i tried to contact did not want to help me because they stopped working on IOS.
There was also a tweak named Notify Pro that could send notifications to different service but it has been discontinued after IOS 5 or 6 and the developer also did not want to come back in the scene.
So i am alone here and cannot do anything. I'm sorry but i Think that it won't be possible ...