[Q] Wifi Issue on SGH i337

OP chanik

20th March 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 118

177 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanik

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and answer, but I don't find your answer quite helpful. I don't want you to read the thread for me for sure but have you come across a discussion for this issue in that thread, or just suggesting the thread?

If you are still having the known wifi issue after flashing a rom then you need to Odin back to stock with the mk2 tar files posted in the guide, flash the TW based rom & the Att modules. Follow the instructions for the rom exactly for proper setup. Also check your APN settings too. Be sure to thank the op in the threads that help you & the rom developer as well. Good luck.
Last edited by John The Rhino; 22nd March 2014 at 12:32 AM. Reason: spelling, clarity.
The Following User Says Thank You to John The Rhino For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Rhino

If you are still having the known wifi issue after flashing a rom then you need to Odin back to stock with the mk2 tar files posted in the guide, flash the TW based rom & the Att modules. Follow the instructions for the rom exactly & it will work. Be sure to thank the op in the threads that help you & the rom developer as well. Good luck.

I 've already Odin back to stock, formatted cache, flashed the SHOstock ROM for i337 into ROM slot 1. Procedure completed, DONE printed, asks me to reboot system. Doing so, phone reboots, safestrap:enabled, press continue---> phone turns off.

What am i doing wrong?
21st March 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #13  

177 posts
More
Quote:

I 've already Odin back to stock, formatted cache, flashed the SHOstock ROM for i337 into ROM slot 1. Procedure completed, DONE printed, asks me to reboot system. Doing so, phone reboots, safestrap:enabled, press continue---> phone turns off.

What am i doing wrong?

Not clear on what is happening. Your phone shuts off completely after the Safestrap enabled splash screen? Does it boot up into rom at all? Did you allow your phone sit for 10 minutes after you flashed the new rom before using it? You may need to reflash rom if not. Also try removing & reinstalling Safestrap.
Last edited by John The Rhino; 21st March 2014 at 07:01 PM. Reason: spacing
21st March 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:

Not clear on what is happening. Your phone shuts off completely after the Safestrap enabled splash screen? Does it boot up into rom at all? Did you allow your phone sit for 10 minutes after you flashed the new rom before using it? You may need to reflash rom if not. Also try removing & reinstalling Safestrap.

Yeah sure i did, left it for about a quarter...didn't boot up at all. i'm gonna give it one more try after reinstalling safestrap...
21st March 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #15  

177 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah sure i did, left it for about a quarter...didn't boot up at all. i'm gonna give it one more try after reinstalling safestrap...

Perhaps try a fresh download. Sometimes you can get a bad download.
21st March 2014, 11:42 PM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
I don't think I'm installing ROM as i should. Also tried with Goldeneye 21, same things happened. Although SS says installation is succesful, i think it's not.

Anyway, i'm tired with this s***, i think i' ll give up. Yesterday judapa told me i could fix it using sptbox, like he did...but wtf??
22nd March 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #17  

177 posts
More
Quote:

I don't think I'm installing ROM as i should. Also tried with Goldeneye 21, same things happened. Although SS says installation is succesful, i think it's not.

Anyway, i'm tired with this s***, i think i' ll give up. Yesterday judapa told me i could fix it using sptbox, like he did...but wtf??

Did you check your apn settings after flashing Goldeneye?
22nd March 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #18  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:

Did you check your apn settings after flashing Goldeneye?

How do i do that? (By the way, thank you for your help & patience)
22nd March 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #19  

177 posts
More
Quote:

It's likely you missed a step. Very easy to do with this phone. Flashing roms on it is a bit more complicated than it is on unlocked boot loader versions. But it can be done. I'm also on mk2 running the 4.4.2 Kit Kat Deadly Venom rom. Everything works beautifully. Did you check your apn settings after flashing Goldeneye? Maybe try a non-international rom 1st?

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote:

How do i do that? (By the way, thank you for your help & patience)

Just enter apn setting into the search bar on XDA & find your carrier. Then select that thread & follow the instructions. Some roms you need to configure the apn settings manually.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Quote:

It's likely you missed a step. Very easy to do with this phone. Flashing roms on it is a bit more complicated than it is on unlocked boot loader versions. But it can be done. I'm also on mk2 running the 4.4.2 Kit Kat Deadly Venom rom. Everything works beautifully. Did you check your apn settings after flashing Goldeneye? Maybe try a non-international rom 1st?

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Just enter apn setting into the search bar on XDA & find your carrier. Then select that thread & follow the instructions. Some roms you need to configure the apn settings manually.

. Don't give up. You are so close to having an even more awesome S 4!

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by judapa

I am in the same boat, exactly the same problem. I have a list of phones with this problem. After reading for around 4 days about this problem, there is much information about, and most people concludes that Kernel version does not match BaseBand version.

Model Android BaseBand Kernel
SGH-I337 4.3 I337UCUEMK2 3.4.0-1921628 se infra@R0304- 06#1 Sat Nov 16 14:33:13 KST 2013
SGH-I337M 4.3 I337MUMUEMK6 3.4.0.2159617 se.infra@R0210-08#1 Tue Nov 19 20:49:33 KST 2013
SGH-I337 4.4.2 I337UCUFNB1 3.4.0-505595 dpi@SWDD5521 # 1 Tue Feb 11 22:24:31 KST 2014

I have been able to Root I337 4.3 MK2 phone using Kingo, but I cannot install CWM or TWRP Custom Recoverys because the bootloader is locked. I can only install Safestrap Custom Recovery for my phone, I have not done this because I want to have my phone as much stock as possible.

I think the solution is to flash different modems, we have all posted here but in CWM/TWRP version, so I cannot flash thems because my Bootloader does not make install Custom Recoveries, so I have to looking for Odin tar modem files and try if I Odin let me flash them on my phone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2496517

If any people has any experience or have done this and the process was successful and have the modems in Odin (tar) format, I really appreciate his contributions.

I have tried other tips and tricks like *#0011# and click on Menu button, then WiFi, then WiFi Power save mode OFF. No solution in my case.

The problem to upgrade to I337 4.4.2 is that we cannot come back to 4.3 because there is a new bootloader and this only permit flash 4.4.2 OS ROM versions.
Additional Android OS 4.4.2 cannot be rooted by Today methods and exploits, all under is developing, in the future, for sure there will be a way, but if we do not have root the possibilities to solve/fix WiFi issue are less than if we are root.

All contributions are very welcome to fix this problem in the scene with Samsung S4 devices.!!

More information about this topic:
1. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2621279

2. Stock firmwares
SGH-I337 (AT&T)

Baseband version Build Date Android version Stock
I337UCUEMK2 2013 December 4.3 Jelly Bean (OTA)
I337UCUEMJ9 2013 November 4.3 Jelly Bean (OTA)
I337UCUAMDL 2013 April 4.2.2 Jelly Bean [link] [link]
I337UCUAMDB 2013 April 4.2.2 Jelly Bean [link]

http://www.androidayos.com/samsung-g...tock-firmware/

3. All info about MK2 I337 stock firmware:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2621279

You can flash custom rom on mk2 firmware even with the locked boot loader with Hashcode's Safestrap version 3.71 (which is a heavily modified TWRP recovery). Everything you need to know & do is in this easy to follow guide linked below. As far as other methods found on youtube or elsewhere to root, flash roms, and fix wifi, I say, if it's not listed on XDA, I wouldn't even trust it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616221
Last edited by John The Rhino; 22nd March 2014 at 01:50 AM. Reason: added link.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread