Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,406 Members 42,032 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Themer not registering touches reliably.

Tip us?
 
ingenious247
Old
#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 565
Posts: 1,550
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemerSupport View Post
The developers are still looking into reducing RAM usage, hopefully this will be resolved soon.
I believe this will solve the non-registering touches.

I don't think it's grid/sensitivity related, I really think it's the RAM issue.
 
Wetzel402
Old
(Last edited by Wetzel402; 19th March 2014 at 06:01 PM.)
#12  
Wetzel402's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 235
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingenious247 View Post
I believe this will solve the non-registering touches.

I don't think it's grid/sensitivity related, I really think it's the RAM issue.
On my device it appears to be related to adding the dock feature or persistent search box. Adding either appears to cause the problem and then removing them causes the problem to be alleviated. I ran up my RAM usage to near 90% without any problems (without the dock or search).

Another bug I would love to see fixed is Themer retaining the dock and search features when applying a new theme. It is annoying having to reconfigure the options and add everything back to the dock each time.

Edit:
I'm going to add my feature requests/changes here since I can't find a specific thread for it.

App drawer:
  • Horizontal or vertical scroll options perhaps with a paginated option for both
  • Allow Themer icon to be swapped for the play store icon
  • Allow for the removal of the tabs at the top entirely

Launcher screens:
  • Allow custom smart categories and/or folders to be used by widgets (maybe the news icon could open a folder or category I've created to show all my news apps instead of launching the themer news app only)
  • Allow reordering of home screens (perhaps even allow adding multiple themes at one time next to each other)
  • Retain custom added home screen folders and icons when changing themes
  • Give end user access to icons used by the theme so when customizing an icon I can use one built into my theme (I like the dialer in my dock but I would love to use my theme's dialer icon instead of the default android one)

As mentioned above:
  • Retain dock and persistent search options between themes but also allow themes to better resize when those options are selected (some themes get cut off slightly or the aspect ratio gets out of whack)

Hopefully that doesn't sound too demanding. I'm just trying to help make an awesome concept better
Want to thank me? Use this link and we both get 500 mb of Dropbox space!
or this link and we both get 5 gb of Copy space!


Droid Bionic - Stock JB - rooted(retired to a dev device & GPS)
Samsung Galaxy Note II - Paranoid Android 4+
Dell Venue 8 Pro - Windows 8.1
 
ingenious247
Old
#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 565
Posts: 1,550
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetzel402 View Post
On my device it appears to be related to adding the dock feature or persistent search box. Adding either appears to cause the problem and then removing them causes the problem to be alleviated. I ran up my RAM usage to near 90% without any problems (without the dock or search).

Another bug I would love to see fixed is Themer retaining the dock and search features when applying a new theme. It is annoying having to reconfigure the options and add everything back to the dock each time.
Agreed (Bold), I would like the notification bar auto-hide to stay selected when I change themes. However, because each theme requires a different configuration to work/look properly, this might not be ideal.

For me, the problem only happens when the launcher is trying to "catch up". This indicates a memory issue IMO. Anytime the launcher is fully loaded and I'm on the main home screen(s), I do not experience any issues registering touch.
 
Wetzel402
Old
#14  
Wetzel402's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 235
Join Date: Jan 2012
Perhaps that is the problem then. I don't use Themer as a daily driver just yet because there are a few thing I need sorted out first. The touch issue in this thread being one of them. Folder/custom smart categories, mentioned in my edit above, are another.
Want to thank me? Use this link and we both get 500 mb of Dropbox space!
or this link and we both get 5 gb of Copy space!


Droid Bionic - Stock JB - rooted(retired to a dev device & GPS)
Samsung Galaxy Note II - Paranoid Android 4+
Dell Venue 8 Pro - Windows 8.1
 
Genobee
Old
#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jan 2012
This also happens when I use the gesture system(Swiping up/down). Personally this is the least fluid launcher I have ever used, sad seeing that its my favorite.

I know themer is still beta but this problem has been happening for a long time now.
 
ingenious247
Old
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 565
Posts: 1,550
Join Date: Oct 2011
On the gestures, I agree there is definitely an issue.

When attempting to do the "two fingers down" or "two fingers up", it generally triggers the "pinch in" gesture. This is the only launcher I have experienced this problem with. It's not make-or-break as I know it's beta, but accurate gestures are very important to me with the way I use my phone.

I expect these will get fine tuned before they transition out of beta
 
ingenious247
Old
#17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 565
Posts: 1,550
Join Date: Oct 2011
I'll have to rescind my former statement(s). I did more testing

There are definitely issues with touch not registering on some themes. As I tried more and more themes, I started to see it more and more. And it's bad. 2-3 times minimum to get the touches to register, especially on the Tron looking theme (I forget it's name). There are many more themes with this issue as well, and it appears over time the more cache/data stored in the MyColorScreen folder, the less responsive the launcher becomes. It got to the point of being unusable until I uninstalled, deleted the folder and reinstalled.

This, coupled with the intense RAM usage and pretty aggressive battery drain (10-12% daily, minimum) and I have to hold off on using Themer for now.

I'm not against sacrificing one or two minor things, but to sacrifice device response + RAM + Battery is too much just to use Themer. I will wait and watch and as improvements are made I will reinstall and retry.
 
ThemerSupport
Old
#18  
ThemerSupport's Avatar
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter 404
Posts: 815
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingenious247 View Post
I'll have to rescind my former statement(s). I did more testing

There are definitely issues with touch not registering on some themes. As I tried more and more themes, I started to see it more and more. And it's bad. 2-3 times minimum to get the touches to register, especially on the Tron looking theme (I forget it's name). There are many more themes with this issue as well, and it appears over time the more cache/data stored in the MyColorScreen folder, the less responsive the launcher becomes. It got to the point of being unusable until I uninstalled, deleted the folder and reinstalled.

This, coupled with the intense RAM usage and pretty aggressive battery drain (10-12% daily, minimum) and I have to hold off on using Themer for now.

I'm not against sacrificing one or two minor things, but to sacrifice device response + RAM + Battery is too much just to use Themer. I will wait and watch and as improvements are made I will reinstall and retry.
Hi,

Could you possibly provide us with some more details? What device/Android version/ROM are you using?

Also, which themes are doing this?
Apply beautiful themes to your phone in one click with Themer by MyColorScreen.

Learn more at ThemerApp.com.
 
ingenious247
Old
#19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 565
Posts: 1,550
Join Date: Oct 2011
T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3, running stock 4.4.2, unrooted. For Theme specifics, I will have to reinstall and test for a few days. I will get back to you.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...