Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 42,580 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tethering

Tip us?

FormeriPhoney
Old
Thanks Meter 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersonicx View Post
I have 2 methods that I use on my phone.

FIRST THING IS TO CREATE THE EXACT SAME TMOBILE APN EXCEPT CHANGE IT FROM IP6 TO IP4.
TO BE EXACT I JUST CREATE A 2ND APN AND IN THE WAP FIELD I USE "fast.t-mobile.com" I LEAVE ALL OTHER FIRLD BLANK.

When I want to send a MMS I just activate the TMobile Stock APN. When I tether I activate my custom APN.

Now the 1st method I use is using the STOCK TETHERING option.
Activate the Stock APN and Turn On Stock Tethering. "This is IF you have the 2.5GB tethering on your account.After the tethering is activated, on the computer you have to use a custom UA string on your web browser. For me I use "Google Chrome" and I installed the plugin "Ultimate User Agent Switcher" and I use the "Kindle" option. This will allow for full web access and TMobile will think your using a Kindle tablet.

Torrents also work since you have the ip4 APN activated.

My 2nd method is using USB Tethering to my PC with PDANet. Install PDANet on your phone and on the PC. And also have the custom APN activated in network settings. In PDANet Settings, go to HIDE TETHER USAGE VERSION 2. This will allow for FULL web use without the need for changing UA Strings.

With this method, I am also able to share the connection to my LAN port which is hooked to my NetGear Router so i can then ((RESHARE)) the connection again to my XBOX and PS3 and other devices allowing them to just connect to my router as normal.

Those are the 2 methods I use. I have LTE in my area and I do about 4MB/s or 40Mbps on average.

For this current month I have used at least 107GB for the month even though my plan is 2.5GB...

Twitter @FiberOpticsRLD if you have any questions, I rarely check my XDA inbox.
+Randall D I am a little confused while setting this up on my work partners S4 on tmo. He wants to tether to his 10.1 note. I added a new Apn with the fast.T-Mobile.com, left all other blank except for MCC (310) and MNC (260) only bc it wouldn't let me save my APN unless these were at least 3 digits. Everything else is blank.
He is using the stock mobile hotspot. For some reason he still recieves texts and MMS even though those fields are still blank.
How do I know this is setup correctly and how is he still receiving mms? Thanks

Troy1
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormeriPhoney View Post
+Randall D I am a little confused while setting this up on my work partners S4 on tmo. He wants to tether to his 10.1 note. I added a new Apn with the fast.T-Mobile.com, left all other blank except for MCC (310) and MNC (260) only bc it wouldn't let me save my APN unless these were at least 3 digits. Everything else is blank.
He is using the stock mobile hotspot. For some reason he still recieves texts and MMS even though those fields are still blank.
How do I know this is setup correctly and how is he still receiving mms? Thanks
Dis you also set it as ip/4. That sends to be the issue with those that are not working.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Black
CaNNoN Complete Eclair 2.1
dumfuq's MT OC kernel
Clockworkmod Recovery

T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant
Clockworkmod Recovery
JI2 Rom w/Root
Captivate Camera Mod
Mobileap Mod

FormeriPhoney
Old
Thanks Meter 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy1 View Post
Dis you also set it as ip/4. That sends to be the issue with those that are not working.

Yes. Both are set as ipv 4

JUSMEJOSE
Old
Thanks Meter 187
I'm using the stock tethering app .. I have used 200gb last month 😎

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
T-Mobile Galaxy Galaxy Note 3 - White 32GB
ROM: Stock
Rooted
Kernel: Trinity/Overclocked

-------------

Any questions about Hard Bricked/JTAG Repairs PM ME...

-------------

Previous Phones

Motorola i60/Motorola i860/Motorola i930/Motorola V300/Nokia N95 8GB/Nokia N96/HTC G1/Blackberry 9000/HTC Nexus One/Samsung Nexus S/Samsung Vibrant T959/Samsung T989/Samsung T889/Samsung M919
The Following User Says Thank You to JUSMEJOSE For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

inflewence
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Mine tethers on tablets and cells with the new apn but it still won't work on my ps3. Can't wait till this is fixed. Right now I watch Netflix and hulu with the mhl Cable but I got a 3d tv and would like to watch 3d movies on Netflix and only can do that on ps3.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

jcannon318
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Wifi tether router. I swear by it.

The Following User Says Thank You to jcannon318 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ugabuga
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Same issue: I can tether with the default tethering app on my T-Mobile Note 3 to my Ipad, Android tablets, and other phones. I can also tether fine to my Roku's and Sony streaming devices. Unfortunately, no luck tethering to the PS3.

Anyone have any ideas?

lanwarrior
Old
Thanks Meter 134
I am planning to get the Note 3, but what's wrong with using the built in tethering app?
Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile
Stock ROM - rooted
Official Jelly Bean 4.3

Note 10.1 (2014)
Stock ROM - Not rooted since KNOX tripping
Official KitKat 4.4.2

Retired
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
Galaxy Note 8.0
Nexus 7 (2012)
AT&T Galaxy Note
AT&T Galaxy S4 Active

mlock420
Old
Thanks Meter 255
I was wondering do I have to use a vpn app just to get by t mobile hot spot limit? ...

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app