Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,784 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM 11 BT audio

Tip us?

scibuff
Old
(Last edited by scibuff; 22nd March 2014 at 03:13 PM.) Reason: new findings
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default CM 11 BT audio

Hi guys I have been using CM 11 on my Galaxy Note 8.0 for some time, since I prefer the stock UI to TouchWiz. It is also convenient to be able to mount an NTFS formatted external drive w/o any third party solution. However, I noticed that BT audio skips quite a bit to the point where it would make listening to music through my BT adapter or headphones annoying or unbearable. The issue appears only when the screen is locked (no skipping occurs when the screen is on) Has anyone else encountered this issue?

I believe I found a way to fix this issue. I basically enabled development settings by tapping build number a couple times, then I went into performance and changed the governor from pegasusq to ondemand. This appears to have resolved the BT audio skipping. If anyone else has experienced this problem, I would like for them to try this quick fix and let me know if it works!

EDIT - the performance governor also seems to resolve the BT issue while at the same time improving game performance.

The thread was moved to an incorrect device forum. This only refers to the GT-N5110 - Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi. I let a forum administrator know.

CafeKampuchia
Old
Thanks Meter 224
There are 3 CM11 ROMs for the 3 variants of the Note 8.0. Which one are you referring to?

scibuff
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeKampuchia View Post
There are 3 CM11 ROMs for the 3 variants of the Note 8.0. Which one are you referring to?
My bad for not specifying. I was referring to the N5110