Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,101 Members 41,448 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What is your maximum OC frequency?
800 MHz 7 30.43%
1000 MHz 5 21.74%
1050 MHz 0 0%
1100 MHz 4 17.39%
1150 MHz 0 0%
1200 MHz 2 8.70%
1228 MHz 4 17.39%
It increases the speed of my phone 3 13.04%
I cannot tell the difference 3 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Do you overclock your Ace 2?

Tip us?

artur1131
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by avithohol View Post
Does your AOKP rom support latest cocafe's cocore 9 kernel GPU overclock options ?
I think that if it would, they`d tell us
btw, Cocafe is doing rly nice work. 710mhz on mali? Thats nice score. I wonder how long will the battery work with it. (ofc with normal combos, not prf+dln)

borkins
Old
(Last edited by borkins; 16th March 2014 at 11:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur1131 View Post
Let me explain u:
IT ISNT!! 40-44 celcius degrees isnt high temperature. For many devices its normal temperature (galaxy s4 is hot like this when u play sth like angry birds/blocky roads). If u want to know what overheating is, then take from ur friend htc one x and run on it asphalt 8 on max setting. After 10-20 seconds u can easily fry eggs on it.

Ps. teddy, u can also hit "thanks" button "accidentally " for me too.
Actually the temperature is the problem. Constant temperature over 40 - 44C will short your battery life more than the drain.
So we need working OC, but not only with performance governor.

About CPU life at max freq. i think is a myth. Do you know anybody with death CPU worked all the time at max freq.?
I know that my overclocked PC CPU ( by FSB ) Athlon XP is working over 10 years, almost 168 hours/week at constant 1916Mhz, 60-75C temperature and still playing games with it without problems!

But before that time many things may go wrong inside a phone: short cirquit by wet, dust or corrosion; eMMC faults; display faults and etc. This is not a computer you can open to: clean, change CPU, RAM, HDD or etc to extend his life.

[ Here are the options:
1. If you are ACE 2 normal user - you can buy some original battery, screen protector and black s-line protective cover for him.
2. If you are ACE 2 maniac - you can buy some parts for the phone like: touchscreen, extended capacity battery - to change it after the guaranty period.
3. If you are ACE 2 hardcore maniac - you can buy a second ACE 2 for reserve.
4. If you are ACE 2 Mega hardcore maniac - you can by second hand ACE 2 for parts.

( In present days, people are maniacs in many different things, so everybody has his own vision of things. Also I am sure that nobody here
will keep his ACE 2 phone more than 6 years - with OC or not. ) ]
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________
So stop think about his life, use the phone with fun, and be happy when the time to change it is come!

------------------------------------
Sorry for my bad English!
Samsung > GALAXY Ace 2 < GT-I8160
Android > KitKat 4.4.4 < Cyanogenmod 11

artur1131
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by borkins View Post
Actually the temperature is the problem. Constant temperature over 40 - 44C will short your battery life more than the drain.
So we need working OC, but not only with performance governor.

About CPU life at max freq. i think is a myth. Do you know anybody with death CPU worked all the time at max freq.?
I know that my overclocked PC CPU ( by FSB ) Athlon XP is working over 10 years, almost 168 hours/week at constant 1916Mhz, 60-75C temperature and still playing games with it without problems!

But before that time many things may go wrong inside a phone: short cirquit by wet, dust or corrosion; eMMC faults; display faults and etc. This is not a computer you can open to: clean, change CPU, RAM, HDD or etc to extend his life.
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________
So stop think about his life, use the phone with fun, and be happy when the time to change it is come!

------------------------------------!
Its not myth. UR cpu will go down only if u set crazy voltage or u use **** power supply. For now we dont know how novathor reacts for higher frequencies/voltages. About cpu: its hard to kill cpu, but how about degrading it? Some cpu`s will start to drop freq when u will give them high freq after 10 years on other u will see effect after year. Personally im not ocing cpu in PC so im not gonna say more, but i OCed few gpu`s. For eg. Radeon 7850 has awesome reaction to OC u can set much higher freq than in reference card, same with gtx460 - from 675 to 900 | memory from 1700 to 2150 it works like a dream (93 degree in furmark). Those were good cards. When u take for ex gtx 660 u wont be able to do good OC on it. This card just dont like higher voltage than nvidia given her.

To sum up - we dont know how our cpu&gpu will react to increasing freq und voltage for longer period of time. Secondly, there is quite a lot of people that cant reach on their ace`s 1200/1228 freq. Why? I dont know, we will see later.

borkins
Old
(Last edited by borkins; 19th March 2014 at 02:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 31
I think, if we keep the temperature of the battery under 45C, our CPU will survive at least 6 years with OC. Yes, I can't guarantee it to you!
But somehow i can guarantee to you that you will replace your batteries 2-3 times and you will decide to change the phone, because is too old.
Nobody knows what will happens tomorrow. After some year the technologies will be more advanced, and we can buy a phone with 1000-2000Мhz CPU, and we will not need to OC ) You are right - We will see!
But today we must have options: Do, or do not OC. So, the opportunity to do it now is important!
Samsung > GALAXY Ace 2 < GT-I8160
Android > KitKat 4.4.4 < Cyanogenmod 11

teddytsen
Old
Thanks Meter 1,068
You want 1THz?(terahertz) xD

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk
Galaxy Ace 2
Rom: Resurrection Remix
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: CWM
Theme

My works for Galaxy Ace 2
Android Open Kang Project 4.4
Ported Android Open Kang Project
Ported Carbon 4.4.2
MIUI v5
Resurrection Remix Kitkat
The Following User Says Thank You to teddytsen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ken_alpha24
Old
Thanks Meter 226
i thought OC wasn't ever gonna work on this phone, but............ GOOD JOB DEVS
Phone/Tablet : LG-E960/Google Nexus 4 and GT-P3110/Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Firmware : KitKat 4.4.2/Nexus4, JellyBean 4.3.1/Tab2

Kernel Version : Stock Kernel/Nexus4, Stock Kernel (CM)/Tab2

ROM : Stock/Nexus4, CM 10.2/Tab2

SLICK!