S4 mini lag spike every 5 minute

20th March 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi,

I brought a new S4 mini 4 days ago, the model is SGH-I257M and the firmware is 4.2.2 , unrooted.
However, it lags exactly every 5 minutes for roughly 2-4 second. It starts happening whenever I turned on the phone.
I noticed this problem when I was playing "Puzzle and Dragon". This problem pissed me off cuz the lag stops me from moving the orbs.

I took some screenshot with the CPU usage function turned on .
the first four pictures are taken when the lag happens (roughly 3 seconds) while the last one is taken when it is normal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-20-12-07-19.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	2640848

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-20-12-09-56.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	2640849

So the system_server shows a sudden high cpu usage every 5 minutes. Hope you'll help me.

Thank You

P.s. I only downloaded whatsapp, puzzle and dragon, smash hit and cpu-z.
21st March 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #2  
Flag sagnasty, mi
Thanks Meter: 15

160 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellodriver

Hi,

I brought a new S4 mini 4 days ago, the model is SGH-I257M and the firmware is 4.2.2 , unrooted.
However, it lags exactly every 5 minutes for roughly 2-4 second. It starts happening whenever I turned on the phone.
I noticed this problem when I was playing "Puzzle and Dragon". This problem pissed me off cuz the lag stops me from moving the orbs.

the first four pictures are taken when the lag happens (roughly 3 seconds) while the last one is taken when it is normal.

Attachment 2640848

Attachment 2640849

So the system_server shows a sudden high cpu usage every 5 minutes. Hope you'll help me.

Thank You

Try system panel lite, enable the viewing of system processez and check process.media I've had lots of problems with that on stock firmware.
22nd March 2014, 09:06 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellodriver

Hi,

Attachment 2640848

Attachment 2640849

Thank You

I got same problem when I was on original firmware... flash cyanogen mod and forget about this lag! ... and get new ones=)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread