Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,182 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Some USSD Codes Not Working

Tip us?

dratsablive
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default Some USSD Codes Not Working

Recently had to replace my I9505G Samsung S4, with the same model. Stupid belt clip failed and phone fell off as I was getting off the bus. By the time I noticed it was missing, too late, the OTTERBOX didn't protect it from a bus. So I reordered the same model from Google Play. But not the following USSD Codes aren't working (They worked on previous model.)

#*#*4636*#*#
*#7284#

But the usual one to check IMEI does work.

Running KitKat 4.4.2
baseband: I9505GUECML4

sharingan
Old
Thanks Meter 590

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dratsablive View Post
Recently had to replace my I9505G Samsung S4, with the same model. Stupid belt clip failed and phone fell off as I was getting off the bus. By the time I noticed it was missing, too late, the OTTERBOX didn't protect it from a bus. So I reordered the same model from Google Play. But not the following USSD Codes aren't working (They worked on previous model.)

#*#*4636*#*#
*#7284#

But the usual one to check IMEI does work.

Running KitKat 4.4.2
baseband: I9505GUECML4
i think it may be a network fault or you can try that sim in another phone and see if those codes are working in another phone or not

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU

dratsablive
Old
(Last edited by dratsablive; 21st March 2014 at 07:51 PM.) Reason: New information
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya rathee View Post
i think it may be a network fault or you can try that sim in another phone and see if those codes are working in another phone or not
Well I am now able to use the #*#*4636*#*#, but the *#7284# still not working. Reason I want the latter is it lets me force USB Mass Storage instead of MTP.

Will check with carrier and see what I can do.

Had carrier update the IMEI information but still hasn't helped. Really want to be able to access internal SD card as Mass Storage.

sharingan
Old
Thanks Meter 590

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dratsablive View Post
Well I am now able to use the #*#*4636*#*#, but the *#7284# still not working. Reason I want the latter is it lets me force USB Mass Storage instead of MTP.

Will check with carrier and see what I can do.

Had carrier update the IMEI information but still hasn't helped. Really want to be able to access internal SD card as Mass Storage.
even if you choose anyone ctp or mpt there are both options available phone and storage to copy files brother

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU

dratsablive
Old
(Last edited by dratsablive; 23rd March 2014 at 05:11 AM.) Reason: Add Addtional Information
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
I know, trying now to configure mounting under linux. But that option under *#7284# always worked for me, it made the phone immediately recognizable under any OS.

Update:

Well at least I can use adb push to transfer files to my phone.