Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

problems after update to ROM 4.3

OP ahmedemad

21st March 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

47 posts
Hey All,

I have problems with my GT-N7100 after updating to rom 4.3, it's a weird situation after trying all solutions available online (all solutions I found ).

I will tell you the full scenario and please try to help me with it.

I was on rom 4.1.2 , after flashing rom 4.3 from sammobile, I started getting not registered on network, I couldn't solve it at first and I was afraid to try solving it by myself. I sent to service center and he said he can't make it work on 4.3 and it must be downgraded to 4.1.1 and he did it and it was working. I guess he installed a German rom , baseband: N7100XXALIH.

I decided to try upgrading again to rom 4.3 but first I took a backup by rom manager and then I flashed the 4.3 rom and the network problem happened again, the IMEI is correct.

I tried several ways including ariza patch and flashing several modems but it didn't work, until I found the way to flash: Patched_N7100_MK4_KERNEL then flash: Patched_N7100_XXUEMJ5_Modem.
That fixed the network problem and it worked super fine but at the same time I had problem with the wifi , it can't be turned on.

I tried Dr.Ketan wifi patch, but it didn't fix it.
I restored the 4.1.1 backup which I had at first but I still have the not registered on network problem.

I wanna run 4.3 rom and solve the network problem as well as the wifi problem.

please help me to solve this problem.

PS: I bought this phone last year from HK and I flashed 4.1.2 rom for Egypt right after I bought it and it was working fine. now after I tried rom 4.3 for Egypt, UAE, and HK I'm still having problems.
There is a service office said he can solve it but it's gonna cost around 40 USD, I wanna save that money and know the solution by myself to be able to solve it if I face it later.

Sorry for the long thread. your quick help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
21st March 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bhopal
Thanks Meter: 67

128 posts
More
For IMEI do a EFS backup. For Wifi, flash mj5 bootloader.

Hit thanks if i helped you.
21st March 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

47 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy854

could you please provide detailed instructions?! and if possible please provide links to download mj5 bootloader!

Thanks
21st March 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

47 posts
PS: I don't have IMEI problem, it is shown correctly , it's not null!
21st March 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

47 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy854

I tried to flash MJ5 BL from odin in BL tab but it failed... any suggestions ?!!
22nd March 2014, 06:30 AM   |  #6  
Flag Bhopal
Thanks Meter: 67

128 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedemad

I tried to flash MJ5 BL from odin in BL tab but it failed... any suggestions ?!!

Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
22nd March 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

47 posts
well , I successfully fixed the problem, but now i have a question, I installed my rom from sammobile, did wipe data,cache , dalvik. but still my device status is custom. how to make it official ?!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
n7100 4.3, not registered on network, wifi 4.3 not working
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy Note II Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank