5,815,022 Members 39,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sharing paid (legit) apps with other people in family.

Tip us?

colhavoc
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Sharing paid (legit) apps with other people in family.

Hi,

Was hoping someone could help clear up a question that's been bugging me for a while about Android apps. Right now, I use an Apple iPad for a tablet and have bought quite a few apps over the years from the iTunes store. I can share these purchased apps with my wife who also has an iPad and an iPhone by logging into my account from her phone, and downloading from there.

My question is can the same be done for Android? I have a few apps (mainly games and a few system utilities) that I would like to be able to use on my son's Nexus 7 tablet. I have purchased these apps legit from the Play store, is there any way I can put them on other devices too?

Thanks.
Phones:

Current:
Rogers (unlocked) Galaxy S3 SGH-i747m w/ Quantum 4

Formers:
Apple iPhone 5 64GB
Galaxy S4 SGH-1337m (Bell, Stock)
Galaxy S3 SGH-i747m (SOLD: Stock, unlocked)
Apple iPhone 4s
Apple iPhone 4
Galaxy S2 I9100M
Motorola Milestone
Apple iPhone 3GS
Galaxy S i9000m: CM 10.1 Rooted, Unlocked (purchased it on a whim, gave to a friend).

Tablet:
Apple iPad Air (current)
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (Sold)
Asus TF300T: PAC-man ROM PA3.15 (Sold: Returned to stock 10.6.1.8)

jimchee
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Yes you can you just use the same procedure that you do with Apple just sign in to the play store from the nexus tablet everything will be available from my apps

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jimchee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nick D
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I did this for my wife. She has her own google account and I added mine to her phone so that she can access my apps and music. When you do this on the tablet you may want to go to the google account settings and disable sync for your email, contacts, etc., otherwise your son will have full access to your info.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nick D For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

colhavoc
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick D View Post
I did this for my wife. She has her own google account and I added mine to her phone so that she can access my apps and music. When you do this on the tablet you may want to go to the google account settings and disable sync for your email, contacts, etc., otherwise your son will have full access to your info.
Awesome, thanks for the info.
Phones:

Current:
Rogers (unlocked) Galaxy S3 SGH-i747m w/ Quantum 4

Formers:
Apple iPhone 5 64GB
Galaxy S4 SGH-1337m (Bell, Stock)
Galaxy S3 SGH-i747m (SOLD: Stock, unlocked)
Apple iPhone 4s
Apple iPhone 4
Galaxy S2 I9100M
Motorola Milestone
Apple iPhone 3GS
Galaxy S i9000m: CM 10.1 Rooted, Unlocked (purchased it on a whim, gave to a friend).

Tablet:
Apple iPad Air (current)
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (Sold)
Asus TF300T: PAC-man ROM PA3.15 (Sold: Returned to stock 10.6.1.8)