Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,205 Members 40,497 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SG Ace 2 overheating problem on Cyanogenmod 10.2

Tip us?

soko3
Old
(Last edited by soko3; 22nd March 2014 at 12:03 PM.) Reason: forgot to mention something
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] SG Ace 2 overheating problem on Cyanogenmod 10.2

Few days ago, while was ond dock, my phone temperature went over 50 deg. Celsius. Everything was off except WiFi hotspot. I noticed earlier that dock+wifi hotspot raises temperature up to 38-40 Celsius and last days I didn't mix these two together.

Overheating continues 2 days after that. I reflash my rom (found that on some android forums) and everything was fine 'till last night when phone again went up to 48-50 Celsius while it was DEEP SLEEP state(checked that with CPU Spy). No WiFi, no WiFi hotspot, it wasn't charging. Only mobile data on, but i have stable signal here, so this shouldn't affect on battery (no batery drain was discovered ever while i'm on this rom).

I'm average user, about 5 hrs screen time. Phone(and battery) are about 9-10 months old, and i'm running on TeamCanjica's Cyanogenmod 10.2 (20140227 version, almost bugfree, except some memory leaks).

Anybody knows what went wrong?

Vino Kulafu
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by soko3 View Post
Few days ago, while was ond dock, my phone temperature went over 50 deg. Celsius. Everything was off except WiFi hotspot. I noticed earlier that dock+wifi hotspot raises temperature up to 38-40 Celsius and last days I didn't mix these two together.

Overheating continues 2 days after that. I reflash my rom (found that on some android forums) and everything was fine 'till last night when phone again went up to 48-50 Celsius while it was DEEP SLEEP state(checked that with CPU Spy). No WiFi, no WiFi hotspot, it wasn't charging. Only mobile data on, but i have stable signal here, so this shouldn't affect on battery (no batery drain was discovered ever while i'm on this rom).

I'm average user, about 5 hrs screen time. Phone(and battery) are about 9-10 months old, and i'm running on TeamCanjica's Cyanogenmod 10.2 (20140227 version, almost bugfree, except some memory leaks).

Anybody knows what went wrong?
Ever checked if one of your installed apps was the culprit?
Current:
Xperia M2 rooted / stock firmware / stock kernel

Past:
Galaxy Ace 2 stolen
Xperia ray with sister

soko3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino Kulafu View Post
Ever checked if one of your installed apps was the culprit?
No. I can only say that there wasn't any baterry drains and battery usage was usual. No usage by any app. Only display, system, cell standby, phone idle etc...

Vino Kulafu
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by soko3 View Post
No. I can only say that there wasn't any baterry drains and battery usage was usual. No usage by any app. Only display, system, cell standby, phone idle etc...
When it does overheat, does it take a few minutes or longer? Does it happen during the night only or does it happen also during the day?

You may be able to take a logcat if it does happen during the day, then ask Rox for help..
Current:
Xperia M2 rooted / stock firmware / stock kernel

Past:
Galaxy Ace 2 stolen
Xperia ray with sister

soko3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino Kulafu View Post
When it does overheat, does it take a few minutes or longer? Does it happen during the night only or does it happen also during the day?

You may be able to take a logcat if it does happen during the day, then ask Rox for help..
First time, it happened when i was sleeping. Maybe it lasted hour or less. Phone was beside my hand, so it waked me up when i touched it with mu hand . I turned phone off, removed battery and went back to bed(was workihn all day long and was wery tired).
It happens randomly. I was awake last night, but forget to take logcat. Thank you for reminding, i'll do that if phone overheats again.