[Q] Downgrade 4.4.2 to 4.3 Galaxy S4?

Search This thread
Can anyone help me please? I've never had an problems upgrading or downgrading my old Galaxy S2. I got a Galaxy S4 last year and it was running perfectly.

A couple of days ago, I was backing my phone up through Kies and it said an update was available. I didn't use Kies to update my phone though as I wanted to back up my data first. I disconnected from the laptop and did an OTA upgrade.

Huge mistake!

Since the upgrade, my phone keeps locking up/freezing. The gallery app freezes constantly. If I try to attach a photo to a Fabecook post, it freezes my phone and in all cases, the only way out is to restart my phone.

This update has left my phone worse than useless. I can't do anything on it without it freezing.

I've tried factory reset quite a few times. I've wiped cache partition a few times. I've taken the SD card out. Nothing works.

I've read that the new bootloader renders it impossible to downgrade.

If I find an official 4.3 Jellybean firmware, will I be able to revert back to Jellybean by flashing it through Odin?

Otherwise, I'm stuck with a phone that no longer works. :(

Last edited:

pdadogg

Mar 18, 2014
Can anyone help me please? I've never had an problems upgrading or downgrading my old Galaxy S2. I got a Galaxy S4 last year and it was running perfectly.

A couple of days ago, I was backing my phone up through Kies and it said an update was available. I didn't use Kies to update my phone though as I wanted to back up my data first. I disconnected from the laptop and did an OTA upgrade.

Huge mistake!

Since the upgrade, my phone keeps locking up/freezing. The gallery app freezes constantly. If I try to attach a photo to a Fabecook post, it freezes my phone and in all cases, the only way out is to restart my phone.

This update has left my phone worse than useless. I can't do anything on it without it freezing.

I've tried factory reset quite a few times. I've wiped cache partition a few times. I've taken the SD card out. Nothing works.

If I find an official 4.3 Jellybean firmware, will I be able to revert back to Jellybean by flashing it through Odin?

If you flashed your 4.3 will activate Knox reading your warranty and your phone will now be invalid
4.4.2 is very good for me
Obviously when you have something wrong

Reactions: TheCatsDad
If you flashed your 4.3 will activate Knox reading your warranty and your phone will now be invalid

Does this mean I'm stuck on 4.4.2? I really want to go back to 4.3 as that was stable.

Do you know anyway to fix it please? I use my phone constantly for work. I can't use it as it is.

pdadogg

Mar 18, 2014
Does this mean I'm stuck on 4.4.2? I really want to go back to 4.3 as that was stable.

Do you know anyway to fix it please? I use my phone constantly for work. I can't use it as it is.

You can go back to 4.3 but you will lose your warranty as I told you
4.3 It is possible with custom kernel or full custom rom

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012

Huge mistake!

Dial *#1234# and make a screenshot. I think is better dont come back to 4.3 for avoid problems. This big problem its lil solution maybe :highfive:

Reactions: TheCatsDad
Dial *#1234# and make a screenshot. I think is better dont come back to 4.3 for avoid problems. This big problem its lil solution maybe :highfive:

Thank you all.

I think I've fixed the problem without having to downgrade.

First of all I formatted the SD card, I switched my phone off, removed the SD card and restarted it. Then I did a couple of factory resets, turned the phone back off and reinserted the SD card.

I think with it having a complete wipe of everything, it fixed the problems with the phone lagging and freezing constantly.

So far, so good. :)

Reactions: howainy

pdadogg

Mar 18, 2014
Thank you all.

First of all I formatted the SD card, I switched my phone off, removed the SD card and restarted it. Then I did a couple of factory resets, turned the phone back off and reinserted the SD card.

I think with it having a complete wipe of everything, it fixed the problems with the phone lagging and freezing constantly.

This means that you have not done it before
They had to do it, but anyway it is important that you did
Good Luck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Huge mistake!

So it's possible to download original 4.3 firmware from Sammobile or somewhere else and flash that? I'm scared of bricking my phone.

If you flash stock ROM by Sammobile or Samsung Updates
    you have problems with the modem, Wi Fi,calls
    You can avoid these problems as flashing custom kernel

Huge mistake!

Thank you all.