Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,145 Members 36,216 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Will someone else be able to activate my S4,?

Tip us?

brando56894
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 159

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Will someone else be able to activate my S4,?

Will someone be able to active my S4 if I'm still paying for it through T-Mobile, but have my Moto X active on the account?

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4,367

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brando56894 View Post
Will someone be able to active my S4 if I'm still paying for it through T-Mobile, but have my Moto X active on the account?
I don't think so. I wondered the same with my S3. But T-Mobile rep said the phone will not be able to be activated on another number if it is not paid off on my number. So i paid it off.

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 696
Do you mean to make a new account? Because as long as they just swap sim cards and you keep paying it, there should be no problem

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4,367

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
Do you mean to make a new account? Because as long as they just swap sim cards and you keep paying it, there should be no problem

IMEIs are saved per account. When they swap SIM cards, the will know the phone is no longer under the same account. Honestly OP, best bet would be to call up and ask.

spaidak2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does this mean that people will not be able to sell their payment plan phones If it's not paid off? Because that's good news, no more scams where ppl sell the phone and stop paying the bill

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

baseballfanz
Old
Thanks Meter 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaidak2 View Post
Does this mean that people will not be able to sell their payment plan phones If it's not paid off? Because that's good news, no more scams where ppl sell the phone and stop paying the bill

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
No one can stop a scammer except an inform consumer.

☞ Sent from here☜
The Following User Says Thank You to baseballfanz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
IMEIs are saved per account. When they swap SIM cards, the will know the phone is no longer under the same account. Honestly OP, best bet would be to call up and ask.
I say that because I used my s3 with metropcs and it wasn't paid off..

brando56894
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 159

DONATE TO ME
I was going to sell my phone on Swappa but thought about this before I listed it because I didn't want to screw anyone over. If that's the case then I may have to return my Moto X :-/ Either that or dig myself even deeper into debt and pay off the remaining balance on the S4, sell it on Swappa and hopefully recoup my losses....

brando56894
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 159

DONATE TO ME
I just had to call up customer service and tell them that a friend was going to be using the phone while I was paying it off.