No registration required

[Q] HTC One returning to stock questions

OP N3Gruj1989

22nd March 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new to whole rooting and stuff so excuse me for my probably noob and dumb questions..

I own a HTC One for a year now I believe, and I wanted to give the rooting thing a try.
So I unlocked my One, and installed a custom recovery (TWRP).
I didn't do alot with it, had a stock version af android with sense, no custom roms or anything, only used root acces for the cerberus app.
The other day HTC released a new version af the stock software, I believe 4.19.401.11.
Since I'm not doing anything with the unlocked phone I want to get it back to stock again.

I am on android 4.4 with sense 5.5 now, android version 4.19.401.9, hboot 1.56

My fastboot getvar all:
Quote:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.19.401.9
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:-
(bootloader) imei: -
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__E11
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4135mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

I found this guide to get back to stock: http://www.htc1guru.com/guides/return-stock-guide/
There it works with S-off, with rumrunner to get s-off but I read that rumrunner wont work with hboot 1.56, sadly I have 1.56..
In that guide you have to get s-off, downgrade to another hboot (1.44) and use a RUU with android version 1.28 or 1.29 to go to stock again.

But, in another topic I found this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by herwegan

@crushalot hey mate did you realize that there are now 4.19.xxx RUU's available on http://androidruu.com/?developer=M7# ?

for those who are interested: here's the link to the WWE 4.19.401.9 RUU
http://androidruu.com/getdownload.ph...signed_2-1.exe

That is an RUU for exactly my phone I believe.

So now my question: Can I run that RUU, in the way that is written in the htc1guru return to stock guide (via fastboot) and go back to stock again? With a (re)locked bootloader, and receive OTA updates again?

I hope my question and all the information I have given is clear! If not feel free to ask me below!

Greetings.
22nd March 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 59

339 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N3Gruj1989

Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new to whole rooting and stuff so excuse me for my probably noob and dumb questions..

I own a HTC One for a year now I believe, and I wanted to give the rooting thing a try.
So I unlocked my One, and installed a custom recovery (TWRP).
I didn't do alot with it, had a stock version af android with sense, no custom roms or anything, only used root acces for the cerberus app.
The other day HTC released a new version af the stock software, I believe 4.19.401.11.
Since I'm not doing anything with the unlocked phone I want to get it back to stock again.

I am on android 4.4 with sense 5.5 now, android version 4.19.401.9, hboot 1.56

My fastboot getvar all:

I found this guide to get back to stock: http://www.htc1guru.com/guides/return-stock-guide/
There it works with S-off, with rumrunner to get s-off but I read that rumrunner wont work with hboot 1.56, sadly I have 1.56..
In that guide you have to get s-off, downgrade to another hboot (1.44) and use a RUU with android version 1.28 or 1.29 to go to stock again.

But, in another topic I found this:

That is an RUU for exactly my phone I believe.

So now my question: Can I run that RUU, in the way that is written in the htc1guru return to stock guide (via fastboot) and go back to stock again? With a (re)locked bootloader, and receive OTA updates again?

I hope my question and all the information I have given is clear! If not feel free to ask me below!

Greetings.

You are still essentially stock, you will only need to flash the stock recovery from 4.19.401.9 , unfortunately I did a quick google and couldn't fine one. If you have the OTA or ruu you can extract the recovery.img to use. unlocked bootloader and root is fine. Then when the version .11 is released by your carrier you will be able to install.
22nd March 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #3  

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_guy

You are still essentially stock, you will only need to flash the stock recovery from 4.19.401.9 , unfortunately I did a quick google and couldn't fine one. If you have the OTA or ruu you can extract the recovery.img to use. unlocked bootloader and root is fine. Then when the version .11 is released by your carrier you will be able to install.

Hi mb_guy, i have a twrp backup which i can restore, which could allow me to return to stock with superuser root access.
If i flash a stock recovery, will it remove my root access and receive future OTA? (if i am not mistaken, i tried flashing the stock recovery, and relocked the bootloader, but i just can't remove the superuser app )

Thanks.

below are my phone informations :
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.20.707.6
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0714000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__044
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4123mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-59adc32b
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
22nd March 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:

I have found the RUU of 4.19.401.9 (it is in the link i posted in my opening post, from androidruu).
(http://androidruu.com/getdownload.ph...signed_2-1.exe)

I found a guide to extract the rom.zip from a RUU file, but it wont work for me. Can someone extract the rom.zip file for me and upload it here?
Only flashing the recovery file sounds like loads easyer than the entire guide i found by htc1guru.

And what if i want to re-lock the bootloader and get rid of root? Can i do that too?
22nd March 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 59

339 posts
Quote:

I have found the RUU of 4.19.401.9 (it is in the link i posted in my opening post, from androidruu).

I found a guide to extract the rom.zip from a RUU file, but it wont work for me. Can someone extract the rom.zip file for me and upload it here?
Only flashing the recovery file sounds like loads easyer than the entire guide i found by htc1guru.

And what if i want to re-lock the bootloader and get rid of root? Can i do that too?

You don't want rom.zip you want recovery.img it's likely in the firmware folder. You should be able to unroot from twrp. You can re lock the boot loader, but it will say relocked, I would just leave it unlocked.
22nd March 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #6  
Flag Jaipur
Thanks Meter: 385

1,429 posts
More
Quote:

Ok it's easy
Retry run that ruu exe file goto temp folder in c-Windows- user- app data - local - temp find in some folders you will get it but it's not worth it as it's encrypted so next time you will ask how to decrypt it
So better Google HTC One stock recovery download it flash it
2 if you want unroot mostly super user or rooting apps have methods in their settings try them
3 locking boot loader is last step after recovery flash
Unlocked bootloader not prevent future OTA
So no need for relock bootloader
OTA need stock recovery + unmodified system

HTC One 1.56 S-Off MaximusHD 33
22nd March 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:

You don't want rom.zip you want recovery.img it's likely in the firmware folder. You should be able to unroot from twrp. You can re lock the boot loader, but it will say relocked, I would just leave it unlocked.

But the recovery.img file is in the rom.zip file correct?
So i have to extract the rom.zip file out of the RUU first to get the recovery.img out of the rom.zip file.
Or can it be done a much easyer way?
22nd March 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yatin kumar

Ok it's easy
Retry run that ruu exe file goto temp folder in c-Windows- user- app data - local - temp find in some folders you will get it but it's not worth it as it's encrypted so next time you will ask how to decrypt it
So better Google HTC One stock recovery download it flash it
2 if you want unroot mostly super user or rooting apps have methods in their settings try them
3 locking boot loader is last step after recovery flash
Unlocked bootloader not prevent future OTA
So no need for relock bootloader
OTA need stock recovery + unmodified system

HTC One 1.56 S-Off MaximusHD 33

I googled HTC One stock recovery, but i didn't find a recovery for my HTC One build version, or are all the recovery.img the same?
Because I need a recovery.img for the 4.19.401.9 HTC_E11 (NL) version.
22nd March 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 9,230

7,137 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

But the recovery.img file is in the rom.zip file correct?
So i have to extract the rom.zip file out of the RUU first to get the recovery.img out of the rom.zip file.
Or can it be done a much easyer way?

You can't get the recovery from the rom.zip as the zip is encrypted.

I downloaded the 4.19.401.9 firmware.zip and extracted the recovery from it.

Here is the recovery : http://sourceforge.net/projects/htco...y.img/download

Now you have two options:

With the RUU that you have
1. relocked the bootloader
2. run the RUU to go back to stock
3. do the OTA

With the recovery only
1. fastboot flash the recovery
2. not necessary to remove the SuperSU (but you will lose root after OTA)
3. or remove root (open the SuperSU app, - settings - scroll down - select Full unroot if you think it's better to remove it before OTA
4. do the OTA
Last edited by ckpv5; 22nd March 2014 at 09:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ckpv5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #10  

14 posts
Remove root by flashing stock firmware
Hi guys, i did some searching and found this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1773659
according to this thread if i flash in stock firmware it will remove the root?
So my question is, if i restore my phone to the rooted stock state > relock the bootloader > flash in the stock firmware, in theory it should return the phone to stock state right? just to confirm if the above thread works for the HTC One

Thanks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread