Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,115 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

htc evo 4g lte stuck on 1x

Tip us?

slitherrscopee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default htc evo 4g lte stuck on 1x

its not my towers i switched to my gs3 and it connected to 4g fine. i am currently rooted and running the meanbean rom

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 460

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by slitherrscopee View Post
its not my towers i switched to my gs3 and it connected to 4g fine. i am currently rooted and running the meanbean rom
This isn't in the right section, but the first things to check would be if the data connection settings are correct. I don't have an Evo in front of me, but check in Settings / More... and there should be some stuff there to make sure that CDMA/LTE is enabled or if you just want 3g, do CDMA/EVDO (I'd switch between the 2 to see if it makes any difference). Seems like this is not a totally uncommon issue with these phones. Some people just had issues with the towers updating (even though your other phones work ok, every phone is different and use different radios so not exactly apples to apples), sometimes it was just needing reset (either via factory data or ##72786# which will reset network stuff and redo the Hands Free Activation and update the PRL). That's usually the other thing to check : Make sure the Profile and PRL updates are done. Unfortunately, some users report doing all of that and still never resolving. Good luck!
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)

Sithu Htun
Old
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by slitherrscopee View Post
In the dialer, press *#*#4636#*#*, and choose Phone information, and choose any network type you want, turn the radio off and on again. This may help. Good luck.