Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 49,322 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My battery life is very bad after KitKat update

Tip us?

CHlCKEN
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default My battery life is very bad after KitKat update

Before the KitKat update my LG G2 had really good battery life doing everything I'm doing now .. Using action launcher pro .. Watching kids browsing web etc and having NFC Bluetooth location off etc.. My phone did get really fast with KitKat though anf the UI works really fast despite looking really bad .. So my screen on time for a whole day is only 4 hours and thats 2-3 hours less .. My phone idle and standby are both at 10% and for some reason Bluetooth says its using the battery even though I'm not using it at all it says 5-6% used for Bluetooth .. So annoying.. Also I never rooted or did anything fancy with this phone And everything works fast but its the battery life That's annoying me .. If anyone could help fix this issue if they know why its happening that'd be great.
----------------------------------------------------------PHONES I HAD/HAVE-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current phone: LG G2
Current Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

Previous Phones:

Google LG Nexus 4
HTC One X (International)
iPhone 3GS
Nokia Nuron

BreakingVZW
Old
Thanks Meter 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHlCKEN View Post
Before the KitKat update my LG G2 had really good battery life doing everything I'm doing now .. Using action launcher pro .. Watching kids browsing web etc and having NFC Bluetooth location off etc.. My phone did get really fast with KitKat though anf the UI works really fast despite looking really bad .. So my screen on time for a whole day is only 4 hours and thats 2-3 hours less .. My phone idle and standby are both at 10% and for some reason Bluetooth says its using the battery even though I'm not using it at all it says 5-6% used for Bluetooth .. So annoying.. Also I never rooted or did anything fancy with this phone And everything works fast but its the battery life That's annoying me .. If anyone could help fix this issue if they know why its happening that'd be great.
Bluetooth battery drain is known issue. Some have their battery life gimped while others see the Bluetooth usage and don't see a change in battery life. In my case Bluetooth was 15-18%. My screen on time was halved from 7-9 hours to 3-4 hours. I reverted back to 4.2.2 and the phone is behaving normally again. I have the update notification in my status bar but I'm not taking it. Hopefully google takes care of this issue soon.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

CHlCKEN
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingVZW View Post
Bluetooth battery drain is known issue. Some have their battery life gimped while others see the Bluetooth usage and don't see a change in battery life. In my case Bluetooth was 15-18%. My screen on time was halved from 7-9 hours to 3-4 hours. I reverted back to 4.2.2 and the phone is behaving normally again. I have the update notification in my status bar but I'm not taking it. Hopefully google takes care of this issue soon.

Yes I agree I was waiting for the update for a long time (had this since October) and when it comes its bugged :/ .. Right now I'm trying to use the battery saver mode and its only slightly improved it but still far from what I had on jelly bean .. Also tried a lot of apps for battery saving and did not come at any ones that worked.. I rather stay on 4.4.2 because its just so fast and as smooth as my nexus 7
----------------------------------------------------------PHONES I HAD/HAVE-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous Phones:

Google LG Nexus 4
iPhone 3GS
Nokia Nuron

BreakingVZW
Old
Thanks Meter 331
Quote:
Yes I agree I was waiting for the update for a long time (had this since October) and when it comes its bugged :/ .. Right now I'm trying to use the battery saver mode and its only slightly improved it but still far from what I had on jelly bean .. Also tried a lot of apps for battery saving and did not come at any ones that worked.. I rather stay on 4.4.2 because its just so fast and as smooth as my nexus 7
It just comes down to if you want your phone to be a little bit faster and have terrible battery life or if you handle 4.2.2 being a little bit slower (we're talking milliseconds here) and have awesome battery life. I chose the latter bc battery life is one of the reasons I purchased the phone.

bachera
Old
Thanks Meter 341
actually battery life was worse on the kitkats not for my phone, for my phone the kitkat is awesome

send from the jungle

CHlCKEN
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachera View Post
actually battery life was worse on the kitkats not for my phone, for my phone the kitkat is awesome

send from the jungle
I have the D801 hbu?

Previous Phones:

Google LG Nexus 4
iPhone 3GS
Nokia Nuron

CHlCKEN
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
So if there was a patch coming I would get a notification for the small update to fix it .. That would not become 4.4.3 I think .. Or do I go back to 4.2.2 and wait for a lg to announce its updated and patched 4.4.2

Previous Phones:

Google LG Nexus 4
iPhone 3GS
Nokia Nuron

tiguy99
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
So if there was a patch coming I would get a notification for the small update to fix it .. That would not become 4.4.3 I think .. Or do I go back to 4.2.2 and wait for a lg to announce its updated and patched 4.4.2
Go bk to 4.2.2 & wait until you hear good things about the update before jumping in full force
- LG G2 32GB (white)
- HTC Sensation 4G (project phone)

- Motorola Atrix HD (Sold but not forgotten)
- HTC One XL (still in the family)
- Samsung galaxy s2 T-mobile Jedi Mind Trick v9 ROM (sold)
- iPhone 4 white unlocked (sold)
- iPhone 3G 16GB (sold)
- iphone Unlocked (sold)
- T-Mobile Dash (Sold)
- Verizon Motorola Q (Sold) <--- best phone I
had before the iphone

pesater
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having the same issue