Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [HELP] Can't root, rootfixer problem.

OP vexa

20th March 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bali
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
first, sorry for my english.

so, i flashed my phone to 15.1.C.2.8 (XM single), and when i try to fix my root with rootfixer, i always getting this notification:
"/system/bin/sh: su: not found"
i've installed superSU and busybox before, and update my supersu to the latest version (via google play auto update)
can anyone please tell me how to fix this?
thanks.

PS: i've root my XM single couple times before i flash to 15.1.C.2.8, and it always worked flawlessly. this is my first time facing this problem.
Last edited by vexa; 20th March 2014 at 12:35 AM. Reason: additional infos
20th March 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 374

844 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexa

first, sorry for my english.

so, i flashed my phone to 15.1.C.2.8 (XM single), and when i try to fix my root with rootfixer, i always getting this notification:
"/system/bin/sh: su: not found"
i've installed superSU and busybox before, and update my supersu to the latest version (via google play auto update)
can anyone please tell me how to fix this?
thanks.

PS: i've root my XM single couple times before i flash to 15.1.C.2.8, and it always worked flawlessly. this is my first time facing this problem.

Have you followed the rooting procedure fully? In the forum it tells you how to properly root your phone. With the su binary not being found it seems like when you used framaroot it didn't install the binary (due to the half root it does). You need to keep using framaroot until SuperSU is installed and once it is you then need to use BusyBox pro to install the latest version of BusyBox (this may make the phone reboot, you have to keep going until it does get installed). Then you need to use the root fixer. But go and follow the proper root procedure, it explains it better. You should find it in the general forum.
22nd March 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bali
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer649

Have you followed the rooting procedure fully? In the forum it tells you how to properly root your phone. With the su binary not being found it seems like when you used framaroot it didn't install the binary (due to the half root it does). You need to keep using framaroot until SuperSU is installed and once it is you then need to use BusyBox pro to install the latest version of BusyBox (this may make the phone reboot, you have to keep going until it does get installed). Then you need to use the root fixer. But go and follow the proper root procedure, it explains it better. You should find it in the general forum.

Hi gamer649, thank's for your reply.
i just reinstall my superSU using framaroot, and the rootfixer finish its job flawlessly.
22nd March 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 196

879 posts
May I ask, is it possible to upgrade to this firmware then root? Or is it only possible with rootfixer?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread