Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 48,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [HELP] Can't root, rootfixer problem.

Tip us?

vexa
Old
(Last edited by vexa; 19th March 2014 at 11:35 PM.) Reason: additional infos
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] [HELP] Can't root, rootfixer problem.

first, sorry for my english.

so, i flashed my phone to 15.1.C.2.8 (XM single), and when i try to fix my root with rootfixer, i always getting this notification:
"/system/bin/sh: su: not found"
i've installed superSU and busybox before, and update my supersu to the latest version (via google play auto update)
can anyone please tell me how to fix this?
thanks.

PS: i've root my XM single couple times before i flash to 15.1.C.2.8, and it always worked flawlessly. this is my first time facing this problem.

gamer649
Old
Thanks Meter 297

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexa View Post
first, sorry for my english.

so, i flashed my phone to 15.1.C.2.8 (XM single), and when i try to fix my root with rootfixer, i always getting this notification:
"/system/bin/sh: su: not found"
i've installed superSU and busybox before, and update my supersu to the latest version (via google play auto update)
can anyone please tell me how to fix this?
thanks.

PS: i've root my XM single couple times before i flash to 15.1.C.2.8, and it always worked flawlessly. this is my first time facing this problem.
Have you followed the rooting procedure fully? In the forum it tells you how to properly root your phone. With the su binary not being found it seems like when you used framaroot it didn't install the binary (due to the half root it does). You need to keep using framaroot until SuperSU is installed and once it is you then need to use BusyBox pro to install the latest version of BusyBox (this may make the phone reboot, you have to keep going until it does get installed). Then you need to use the root fixer. But go and follow the proper root procedure, it explains it better. You should find it in the general forum.
My Devices:
My Phone: Sony Xperia M C1905 | ROM: Modified Stock | Base Firmware/Build Number: 15.4.A.0.23 | Android Version: 4.3 | Kernel: Stock (Permanently Locked Bootloader) | Network: GiffGaff
My Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2012) | ROM: CM11 | Base Firmware/Build Number: 11-20140527-NIGHTLY-grouper | Android Version: 4.4.4 | Kernel: CM11 | Network: N/A

vexa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer649 View Post
Have you followed the rooting procedure fully? In the forum it tells you how to properly root your phone. With the su binary not being found it seems like when you used framaroot it didn't install the binary (due to the half root it does). You need to keep using framaroot until SuperSU is installed and once it is you then need to use BusyBox pro to install the latest version of BusyBox (this may make the phone reboot, you have to keep going until it does get installed). Then you need to use the root fixer. But go and follow the proper root procedure, it explains it better. You should find it in the general forum.
Hi gamer649, thank's for your reply.
i just reinstall my superSU using framaroot, and the rootfixer finish its job flawlessly.

SharpnShiny
Old
Thanks Meter 195
May I ask, is it possible to upgrade to this firmware then root? Or is it only possible with rootfixer?