Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

[Q] SM-N900W8 stuck in bootloop after flashing with odin!!!

22nd March 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
This has probably been mentioned before...but I will try anyways. I tried galaxynote3root*dot*com/galaxy-note-3-root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-3/ but it didn't work. Then I tried CF-Auto-Root-hltecan-hlteub-smn900w8 and it put my phone in a permanent boot loop and says recovery is not seandroid enforced!!! This is my work phone so I really hope someone can help.
22nd March 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Themer
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 4,922

3,239 posts
Donate to Me
More
So it says that about recovery and then what? You must give more info.

But I'll save you the trouble.
Go into download mode and flash stock firmware and start over. Do not use cf auto root this time. Lets get your device working. I can easily help you but you must follow my direction

sent from my JEDI ELITE Note 3

for best xda results, click to enlarge 👇
22nd March 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 316

1,087 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisclagace

This has probably been mentioned before...but I will try anyways. I tried galaxynote3root*dot*com/galaxy-note-3-root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-3/ but it didn't work. Then I tried CF-Auto-Root-hltecan-hlteub-smn900w8 and it put my phone in a permanent boot loop and says recovery is not seandroid enforced!!! This is my work phone so I really hope someone can help.

If you are currently on 4.4 then use this one instead.
22nd March 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

If you are currently on 4.4 then use this *removed* instead.

It keeps bootlooping and wont let me access download mode. Starts recovery and then says not seanddoid enforced and reboots and will not respond to and key combinations to reboot in any mode.
22nd March 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #5  

1,087 posts
Quote:

It keeps bootlooping and wont let me access download mode. Starts recovery and then says not seanddoid enforced and reboots and will not respond to and key combinations to reboot in any mode.

I don't think download mode can be messed up unless in a very serious instances.

Just to make sure, here's how to access download mode;

- remove battery and put back in but don't press power
- press Vol Down + Power + Home Button all at the same time until the warning message appears on the screen, then let go of all the buttons
- press Vol Up to enter download mode
22nd March 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

I don't think download mode can be messed up unless in a very serious instances.

Just to make sure, here's how to access download mode;

- remove battery and put back in but don't press power
- press Vol Down + Power + Home Button all at the same time until the warning message appears on the screen, then let go of all the buttons
- press Vol Up to enter download mode

it doesnt work...keeps rebooting and rebooting.
22nd March 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Themer
Flag Ottawa

3,239 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thers no way from what you've told us that you did that you're unabke to enter dl mode. You've either done something else that you failed to mention or you're not entering dl mode properly. Keep teying amd make it happen

22nd March 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #8  

1,087 posts
Quote:

If you cannot put your phone in download mode through button presses, then I think you're only option is a jig short of sending it in for a repair.
22nd March 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbencze

Thers no way from what you've told us that you did that you're unable to enter dl mode. You've either done something else that you failed to mention or you're not entering dl mode properly. Keep trying and make it happen

*removed*

Actually I tried DL mode right after hey_joe mentioned it just to see if I missed anything but it didn't work. I had tried it before as well but figured why not try it again. Both recovery and download modes are inaccessible. The only things I have done are the 2 processes I mentioned above, then I tried to get into DL (power, home, volume down) but no warning message came up...it just rebooted. and recovery mode (power home and up) a few times but got frustrated after it kept simply rebooting. I finally called a Telus tech support and they told me to try kies but it won't even detect the phone at all.

If I send this in will they be able see that I messed with the phone and void the warranty?
23rd March 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Themer
Flag Ottawa

3,239 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Actually I tried DL mode right after hey_joe mentioned it just to see if I missed anything but it didn't work. I had tried it before as well but figured why not try it again. Both recovery and download modes are inaccessible. The only things I have done are the 2 processes I mentioned above, then I tried to get into DL (power, home, volume down) but no warning message came up...it just rebooted. and recovery mode (power home and up) a few times but got frustrated after it kept simply rebooting. I finally called a Telus tech support and they told me to try kies but it won't even detect the phone at all.

If I send this in will they be able see that I messed with the phone and void the warranty?

Sorry bud but I refyse ti believe based on just using cf auto root that you cannot access dl mode. Battery pull, hold home, vol down, then push and hold power (all three kept pressed)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread