Search This thread

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
CWM 6.0.4.8 Advanced Edition / PhilZ Touch Recovery 6.40.1

Main thread + Features + Dev support
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Recovery is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM.
It is a well proven recovery for many phones.

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter.
Read the features at the Main thread, and check if you are missing something.

To take a screen shot, just slide left!

And don't forget to read about powerful aroma file manager integration and double-tap shortcut (in FAQs).

How to install recovery?

• From download link below, you'll get a 'recovery.img' file. Put that recovery.img file at root directory of your

sdcard. (means not in any folder)
  • Now, go to terminal emulator.
  • Give command:
    Code:
      su
  • You'll be asked to grant superuser permissions, grant it.
  • Now, give the following command:
    Code:
      flash_image recoveryonly /sdcard/recovery.img
  • Wait until it executes the command (4-5 seconds), it is installing the recovery.
  • Now, normally reboot to recovery and enjoy new recovery!

Download links
Latest version can be found here:

Special thanks to:

• @Phil3759 : For this awesome open source recovery.
  • @chraso: For hosting and compatible flags.
  • AndroidARMv6 Team: For keeping this device alive.
  • Cyanogenmod Team: For making all these possible.

XDA:DevDB Information
PhilZ Touch Recovery for Galaxy Fit, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Fit GT 5670

Contributors
Bhargav97, chraso, Phil3759

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 6.40.1
Stable Release Date: 2014-05-04

Created 2014-05-07
Last Updated 2014-05-07

Last edited:

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
:FAQs:

Q: Wanna know about Aroma File manager?
Visit the aroma file manager main thread for more info---> Aroma file manager main thread

Aroma file manager is a touch file manager which can be used while in recovery. It has options for copy, paste, delete,
change permissions and many others. Also, it has a Terminal inside. So, if you forgot to give correct permissions to any
file you can do that directly from recovery. This file manager has got many themes, font, icons, etc. options and it's UI
is fully customizable.

Q: How to start this File manager in Recovery?
  • Rename the downloaded file to 'aromafm.zip'.
  • Create a folder 'aromafm' inside 'Clockworkmod' folder on your sdcard.
  • Now, move that 'aromafm.zip' file to the 'aromafm' folder.
  • We're ready now, when you want to use it in recovery just double tap anywhere OR go to "philz Settings" and select
    "Aroma File Manager" and it will start up.
  • If you also want to browse /data, /system and /sd-ext then mount them in the "mounts & storage" option in recovery.

Q: Problems with Aroma file manager startup?
After doble-tapping OR selecting 'Aroma file Manager' option under 'philz settings' if recovery gives error: 'aromafm.zip
not found at /clockworkmod/aromafm' then, wait for 4-5 seconds and again select 'Aroma file Manager', because it maybe
busy mounting sdcard.

If still doesn't work, you've made mistakes in steps mentioned in first post, please do again carefully.

Q: Does your phone every time reboots to recovery?
This happens very rare when you flash the recovery using any bad app or via any wrong (not proper) method. What you can do
is:

-If you've made a backup of your current ROM then just restore only it's "boot" and then select 'reboot to system'.

OR

-You don't have a backup? Then just flash the ROM which you are using currently again and wipe 'dalvik-cache'. Then reboot
to system. Booting process will take time.

Last edited:

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
NEW: Now you can enjoy the full version of the recovery! Thanks to @Phil3759 for uploading necessary
commits for armv6. And, everything is expected to be bug-free. Please report the bug here if you find any.

SCREENSHOTS:

Main menu and PhilZ Settings
image1resize.png

GUI Preferences: all is applied live (no reboot). Up to 14 menu height settings, scroll sensitivity, touch accuracy...
image2resize.png

27 color settings + 5 alpha transparency levels for every GUI element
image3resize.png

Change background image with a custom png (of your device resolution), a solid color (27 presets) or revert to original

cwm image
image4vlv.png

User configurable touch gestures (feel free to request for new actions)
Setup your time-zone + 30mn offset, super wipe option to install a new ROM
image5resize.png

Backup and Restore any partition in a complete freedom, include modem (.img + .bin) and efs (.img + .tar)
Custom backups can also be restored by original CWM Advanced Restore Menu
TWRP Backup and Restore Support + md5 + single/multivolume format
Support multi-cpu compression, md5 check toggle and custom .android_secure path
Choose ors backup volume target
image6resize.png

Flash multiple zip files in a raw
Aroma File Manager + Terminal Emulator: launch with a gesture action (double tap is default)
image7resize.png

Full Wipe to Install a new ROM (sdcard is preserved)
Free Browse Mode to install zip files: select a default folder to start with and browse up to the root
image8resize.png

Last edited:

Rminsh

Mar 27, 2013
Tehran
i tried your recovery by creating a zip update
you should work more on it because the graphic in some aroma installer or aroma file manager doesnt work too good!
and just feels the normal CWM and not Philz recovery !
But any way, Good Job!;)

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
i tried your recovery by creating a zip update
you should work more on it because the graphic in some aroma installer or aroma file manager doesnt work too good!
and just feels the normal CWM and not Philz recovery !
But any way, Good Job!;)

Aroma File Manager has no LDPI resources. If you want it for LDPI, you can do it, it's an Artist's work. I'm not gonna do it.

Please read the first post carefully. It has no GUI options: So, no themes and all that.

It's not at all like normal CWM in terms of functions. It has got many important functions, atleast for me.

Most important part:

I've worked on this advanced only version for 20-25 days already and made it fully stable.

And...I've worked for almost 2 months on FULL VERSION. Discussed a lot with Phil3759 and finally came to conclusion that it won't work on armv6 unless it's (libtouch_gui) specially compiled for armv6, Which Phil3759 didn't have time and resources for.

So, Be happy with this recovery. No one can give you better philz recovery than this, atleast at present.

Last edited:

jemail

Sep 19, 2013
Moto G
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Installed your recovery.
Selected clean install ROM option.
Installed a ROM.
Selected Reboot System.
Phone rebooted into your recovery.

Tried various ROMS all rebooted into your recovery and not to the newly installed ROM.
Flashed CWM 6.0.4.6 and installed a ROM and rebooted to installed ROM successfully.

Any ideas what is wrong?

I do like the Aroma FM.

jemail

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
Installed your recovery.
Selected clean install ROM option.
Installed a ROM.
Selected Reboot System.
Phone rebooted into your recovery.

Tried various ROMS all rebooted into your recovery and not to the newly installed ROM.
Flashed CWM 6.0.4.6 and installed a ROM and rebooted to installed ROM successfully.

Any ideas what is wrong?

I do like the Aroma FM.

jemail

Yep...you're correct.
It won't boot into system.

I finally figured out that it is a problem in androidarmv6 sources. You can see change #6205 if you want.

It was maybe fixed just 4-5 days ago by androidmeda and I'll be again making the recovery and give you all for testing.

This is not only problem of your device but it is also there in: tass, gio and beni.

Rminsh

Mar 27, 2013
Tehran
Aroma File Manager has no LDPI resources. If you want it for LDPI, you can do it, it's an Artist's work. I'm not gonna do it.

Please read the first post carefully. It has no GUI options: So, no themes and all that.

It's not at all like normal CWM in terms of functions. It has got many important functions, atleast for me.

Most important part:

I've worked on this advanced only version for 20-25 days already and made it fully stable.

And...I've worked for almost 2 months on FULL VERSION. Discussed a lot with Phil3759 and finally came to conclusion that it won't work on armv6 unless it's (libtouch_gui) specially compiled for armv6, Which Phil3759 didn't have time and resources for.

So, Be happy with this recovery. No one can give you better philz recovery than this, atleast at present.

i read that!
pay attention: the aroma that use in every CWM works fine
but in your recovery it has a bad graphic and kind of blue!

i mean before you create this Philz recovery we had a older version that works perfect!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2483327

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
i read that!

i mean before you create this Philz recovery we had a older version that works perfect!

It works perfect just in the sense: It reboots to system successfully. It lacks Aroma file manager also. And, Aroma file manager with that original green colour doesn't come with armv6 sources nor it will come if you download from original thread.

I'll be fixing reboot to system soon.

That recovery doesn't even have Touch, GUI options and all that.

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
Thanks for this.
Reboot system is working:D
Aroma File manager is working:D

I will test and report any bugs if find them.
Does this version reformat ext4 partitions as ext3 when doing a restore?

jemail

It reformates the partition to the state in which it was in your backup file. The working of this PhilZ Recovery will be the same way as your CWM 6.0.4.7 works. Nothing different except features.

amedra

Sep 16, 2013
Tested, worked fine with aroma file manager. Flashed cm 11 has no error.

Keep your work :)

Here is temporary flashable zip file

Attachments

• PhilZ-recovery-6.23.9.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 721
Reactions: 21doni21

jemail

Sep 19, 2013
Moto G
Nvidia Shield Tablet
As I reported previously in another Clockworkmod thread here, this version also does not restore SD-Ext Ext4 formatted partitions correctly. SD-Ext Ext4 partitions are restored as Ext3 not Ext4.

You can verify this by
1. Create an Ext4 partition on your sdcard using MiniTool Partition Wizard.
2. In CWM create a nandroid backup.
3. Immediatley restore the backup.
4. Check sdcard partition structure in MiniTool Partition Wizard, you will find the partition you created as Ext4 is now reported as Ext3.

Can you confirm this?

Can you remove all background images from your release, maybe except the ClockworkMod Logo. Background images make reading the output from operations difficult.

jemail

Last edited:

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
As I reported previously in another Clockworkmod thread here, this version also does not restore SD-Ext Ext4 formatted partitions correctly. SD-Ext Ext4 partitions are restored as Ext3 not Ext4.

You can verify this by
1. Create an Ext4 partition on your sdcard using MiniTool Partition Wizard.
2. In CWM create a nandroid backup.
3. Immediatley restore the backup.
4. Check sdcard partition structure in MiniTool Partition Wizard, you will find the partition you created as Ext4 is now reported as Ext3.

Can you confirm this?

Can you remove all background images from your release, maybe except the ClockworkMod Logo. Background images make reading the output from operations difficult.

jemail

1) I don't have your device but in my Galaxy 5 it works fine. I make backup (have an sd-ext and has some stuff also inside) and then restore it and everything is still fine. Link2sd still detects it as ext4. Even if it's a bug, it is not related to my PhilZ Recovery but to the androidarmv6 sources and I maybe can't do anything for it (don't have time to submit a patch for review...maybe I don't have that expertise too).

2) Which logo you mean? The one with Big Green Android? I would prefer to keep it that way...don't wanna make it lean more towards an unofficial build. However, I won't be able to do it (even if I want to) right now because my PC is busy and I can't compile on it right now.

Once I get my PC free, I'll make TWRP for your device and provide a final (final for some time) update for PhilZ Recovery (less probability though for PhilZ update).

Last edited:

Harpratap

Jan 24, 2012
Mumbai
When I was flashing a rom with aroma (miui v4 to be precise) its showed me get.prop errors.
Saying that my device is not beni and not 5670
And this happened only on this recovery and only with roms with aroma installer, rest of the roms work fine.

And for the TWRP version, TWRP cannot flash memory scripts (like cronmod's int2ext)
Can something be done for that?

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
When I was flashing a rom with aroma (miui v4 to be precise) its showed me get.prop errors.
Saying that my device is not beni and not 5670
And this happened only on this recovery and only with roms with aroma installer, rest of the roms work fine.

And for the TWRP version, TWRP cannot flash memory scripts (like cronmod's int2ext)
Can something be done for that?

Aroma installer's dev OR miui rom's dev is lazy to update the update-binary. KitKat requires new update-binary because Google changed the way getprop worked uptil Jellybean.

TWRP? I don't think I've made a TWRP for Galaxy Fit yet.

I wanna tell you only one thing: You are using everything from latest KK branch: PhilZ Recovery and TWRP (maybe you're talking about the one of Galaxy Mini), so please take some time to read on: What all Google changed in recovery with KitKat. Your int-ext script is suffering from old update-binary for sure.

Reactions: Harpratap

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
MAJOR UPDATE:

• PhilZ Recovery updated to 6.27.9.
  • PhilZ Recovery FULL VERSION now enabled (Touch, GUI options and everything!).
  • CWM updated to 6.0.4.8.
  • Ready for official support!

I seriously want feedback on this version. If it is working, we can now get our phone in "officially supported devices" list.

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5c3gpyMBJusVmZUN2UxdHFtaWs/edit?usp=sharing

Harpratap

Jan 24, 2012
Mumbai
Awesome!
All gui and touch functions work properly. :D
Flashed a zip and everything works fine except reboot system and power off.
Both of them simply reboot into recovery.

Will report other bugs if found.
And nice job :good:

Reactions: 21doni21

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Main thread + Features + Dev support
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Recovery is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM.
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones.

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter.
    Read the features at the Main thread, and check if you are missing something.

To take a screen shot, just slide left!

And don't forget to read about powerful aroma file manager integration and double-tap shortcut (in FAQs).

How to install recovery?

• From download link below, you'll get a 'recovery.img' file. Put that recovery.img file at root directory of your

sdcard. (means not in any folder)
    • Now, go to terminal emulator.
    • Give command:
      Code:
        su
    • You'll be asked to grant superuser permissions, grant it.
    • Now, give the following command:
      Code:
        flash_image recoveryonly /sdcard/recovery.img
    • Wait until it executes the command (4-5 seconds), it is installing the recovery.
    • Now, normally reboot to recovery and enjoy new recovery!

Download links
    Latest version can be found here:

Special thanks to:

• @Phil3759 : For this awesome open source recovery.
    • @chraso: For hosting and compatible flags.
    • AndroidARMv6 Team: For keeping this device alive.
    • Cyanogenmod Team: For making all these possible.

XDA:DevDB Information
    PhilZ Touch Recovery for Galaxy Fit, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Fit GT 5670

Contributors
    Bhargav97, chraso, Phil3759

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 6.40.1
    Stable Release Date: 2014-05-04

Created 2014-05-07
    Last Updated 2014-05-07
    :FAQs:

Q: Wanna know about Aroma File manager?
    Visit the aroma file manager main thread for more info---> Aroma file manager main thread

Aroma file manager is a touch file manager which can be used while in recovery. It has options for copy, paste, delete,
    change permissions and many others. Also, it has a Terminal inside. So, if you forgot to give correct permissions to any
    file you can do that directly from recovery. This file manager has got many themes, font, icons, etc. options and it's UI
    is fully customizable.

Q: How to start this File manager in Recovery?
    • Rename the downloaded file to 'aromafm.zip'.
    • Create a folder 'aromafm' inside 'Clockworkmod' folder on your sdcard.
    • Now, move that 'aromafm.zip' file to the 'aromafm' folder.
    • We're ready now, when you want to use it in recovery just double tap anywhere OR go to "philz Settings" and select
      "Aroma File Manager" and it will start up.
    • If you also want to browse /data, /system and /sd-ext then mount them in the "mounts & storage" option in recovery.

Q: Problems with Aroma file manager startup?
    After doble-tapping OR selecting 'Aroma file Manager' option under 'philz settings' if recovery gives error: 'aromafm.zip
    not found at /clockworkmod/aromafm' then, wait for 4-5 seconds and again select 'Aroma file Manager', because it maybe
    busy mounting sdcard.

If still doesn't work, you've made mistakes in steps mentioned in first post, please do again carefully.

Q: Does your phone every time reboots to recovery?
    This happens very rare when you flash the recovery using any bad app or via any wrong (not proper) method. What you can do
    is:

-If you've made a backup of your current ROM then just restore only it's "boot" and then select 'reboot to system'.

OR

-You don't have a backup? Then just flash the ROM which you are using currently again and wipe 'dalvik-cache'. Then reboot
    to system. Booting process will take time.
    UPDATE:

-Updated PhilZ sources to 6.23.9 (26.03.2014).
    -CM-OTA compatibility fixes.
    -Reboot to system bug fixed.

Download link updated in first post.
    NEW: Now you can enjoy the full version of the recovery! Thanks to @Phil3759 for uploading necessary
    commits for armv6. And, everything is expected to be bug-free. Please report the bug here if you find any.

SCREENSHOTS:

Main menu and PhilZ Settings
    image1resize.png

GUI Preferences: all is applied live (no reboot). Up to 14 menu height settings, scroll sensitivity, touch accuracy...
    image2resize.png

27 color settings + 5 alpha transparency levels for every GUI element
    image3resize.png

Change background image with a custom png (of your device resolution), a solid color (27 presets) or revert to original

cwm image
    image4vlv.png

User configurable touch gestures (feel free to request for new actions)
    Setup your time-zone + 30mn offset, super wipe option to install a new ROM
    image5resize.png

Backup and Restore any partition in a complete freedom, include modem (.img + .bin) and efs (.img + .tar)
    Custom backups can also be restored by original CWM Advanced Restore Menu
    TWRP Backup and Restore Support + md5 + single/multivolume format
    Support multi-cpu compression, md5 check toggle and custom .android_secure path
    Choose ors backup volume target
    image6resize.png

Flash multiple zip files in a raw
    Aroma File Manager + Terminal Emulator: launch with a gesture action (double tap is default)
    image7resize.png

Full Wipe to Install a new ROM (sdcard is preserved)
    Free Browse Mode to install zip files: select a default folder to start with and browse up to the root
    image8resize.png

i read that!

It works perfect just in the sense: It reboots to system successfully. It lacks Aroma file manager also. And, Aroma file manager with that original green colour doesn't come with armv6 sources nor it will come if you download from original thread.

I'll be fixing reboot to system soon.

That recovery doesn't even have Touch, GUI options and all that.