Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,857 Members 45,234 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to install new version of cyanogenmod on D2SPR

Tip us?
 
TheD1strictMan
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default [Q] Unable to install new version of cyanogenmod on D2SPR

Hey guys,

I've had my virgin mobile GS3 rooted for about 6 months now. I want to update to 10.2 or 11.0 but whenever I try to install a new .zip through CWM it always fails. I used to get the "Status 7" error when installing, but this edit below seems to have fixed the error code, but now won't install or give me an error code at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW1z...mRMNNiT68uwdrQ

I have no idea what's causing it to fail! Any suggestions would be great!
 
Mr. Struck
Old
#2  
Mr. Struck's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 291
Posts: 390
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Longmont, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheD1strictMan View Post
Hey guys,

I've had my virgin mobile GS3 rooted for about 6 months now. I want to update to 10.2 or 11.0 but whenever I try to install a new .zip through CWM it always fails. I used to get the "Status 7" error when installing, but this edit below seems to have fixed the error code, but now won't install or give me an error code at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW1z...mRMNNiT68uwdrQ

I have no idea what's causing it to fail! Any suggestions would be great!
Switch to newest Philz Touch recovery. Enough said. It also makes a difference if you are using a build specifically for d2spr (10.2) or a d2lte unified build (CM11 after February 17, 2014). Also, if you haven't already checked it out, Android Forums has a subforum dedicated to Virgin Mobile SGS3 users, whereas on XDA we have to kind of "mooch" off of the Sprint thread.

http://androidforums.com/virgin-mobi...l-things-root/
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Struck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
TheD1strictMan
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Struck View Post
Switch to newest Philz Touch recovery. Enough said. It also makes a difference if you are using a build specifically for d2spr (10.2) or a d2lte unified build (CM11 after February 17, 2014). Also, if you haven't already checked it out, Android Forums has a subforum dedicated to Virgin Mobile SGS3 users, whereas on XDA we have to kind of "mooch" off of the Sprint thread.

http://androidforums.com/virgin-mobi...l-things-root/
If I update from CWM to Philz Touch recovery will I lose everything on my phone?
 
Mr. Struck
Old
#4  
Mr. Struck's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 291
Posts: 390
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Longmont, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheD1strictMan View Post
If I update from CWM to Philz Touch recovery will I lose everything on my phone?
No, recovery switching has nothing to do with that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Struck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
TheD1strictMan
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default Still no luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Struck View Post
No, recovery switching has nothing to do with that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
I successfully got Philz Touch, but still have the same error.

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installation aborted.
Press any key to continue...
 
Mr. Struck
Old
#6  
Mr. Struck's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 291
Posts: 390
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Longmont, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheD1strictMan View Post
I successfully got Philz Touch, but still have the same error.

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installation aborted.
Press any key to continue...
Specific ROM build is needed in order to provide further help.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Enjoy Wallpaper Overload with PhotoPhase

We don’t usually feature live wallpapers on the XDA Portal unless they are somewhat innovative … more

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more