Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Verizon S4 on Tmo

OP mikenike500

22nd March 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

54 posts
I've done my research and I'm understanding that as long as my phone has android 4.3+ that I will be able to connect to tmobile`s lte. Since the 4.3 update activates band 4.

I've found threads that go over this question but none are definite.

Getting this S4 for 180 clean esn, really can't pass it up.
22nd March 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4,418

6,866 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenike500

I've done my research and I'm understanding that as long as my phone has android 4.3+ that I will be able to connect to tmobile`s lte. Since the 4.3 update activates band 4.

I've found threads that go over this question but none are definite.

Getting this S4 for 180 clean esn, really can't pass it up.

There is a thread in development about getting aws working. Haven't seen any results but either way get the the phone try it all else fails you sell it for more then what you paid and make profit

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
22nd March 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 3,948

5,008 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

There is a thread in development about getting aws working. Haven't seen any results but either way get the the phone try it all else fails you sell it for more then what you paid and make profit

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

The part about selling it makes the most sense.

The price you paid is well under market value. Resell it for it's true market value then just take the money you made from the sale and go buy a T Mobile S4 for roughly the same price. You should be able to sell the Verizon phone for $350ish if it's really clean.

Then you end up with a T Mobile phone and you are only your original $180 out of pocket.

It's just so much easier to do it that way then to try to force a CDMA phone to work on a GSM network.
22nd March 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #4  

6,866 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjacks

The part about selling it makes the most sense.

The price you paid is well under market value. Resell it for it's true market value then just take the money you made from the sale and go buy a T Mobile S4 for roughly the same price. You should be able to sell the Verizon phone for $350ish if it's really clean.

Then you end up with a T Mobile phone and you are only your original $180 out of pocket.

It's just so much easier to do it that way then to try to force a CDMA phone to work on a GSM network.

Supposedly all the internal components are there for use on a GSM network. Its just enabling the software and modem to use the GSM networks. Forget exactly what preventions were set in place.
23rd March 2014, 01:53 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

Supposedly all the internal components are there for use on a GSM network. Its just enabling the software and modem to use the GSM networks. Forget exactly what preventions were set in place.

I've read up and there are numerous people that get LTE on S4 with 4.3+.

I'm a super cheapskate, even if I re-sell it i'm still going to try and buy another for under 200 locally.
23rd March 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #6  

6,866 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenike500

I've read up and there are numerous people that get LTE on S4 with 4.3+.

I'm a super cheapskate, even if I re-sell it i'm still going to try and buy another for under 200 locally.

I think the thing they had trouble with enabling was the regular 4G aws band T-Mobile uses.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread