Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,239 Members 50,263 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon S4 on Tmo

Tip us?

mikenike500
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Verizon S4 on Tmo

I've done my research and I'm understanding that as long as my phone has android 4.3+ that I will be able to connect to tmobile`s lte. Since the 4.3 update activates band 4.

I've found threads that go over this question but none are definite.

Getting this S4 for 180 clean esn, really can't pass it up.

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4248

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenike500 View Post
I've done my research and I'm understanding that as long as my phone has android 4.3+ that I will be able to connect to tmobile`s lte. Since the 4.3 update activates band 4.

I've found threads that go over this question but none are definite.

Getting this S4 for 180 clean esn, really can't pass it up.
There is a thread in development about getting aws working. Haven't seen any results but either way get the the phone try it all else fails you sell it for more then what you paid and make profit

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3786
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
There is a thread in development about getting aws working. Haven't seen any results but either way get the the phone try it all else fails you sell it for more then what you paid and make profit

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
The part about selling it makes the most sense.

The price you paid is well under market value. Resell it for it's true market value then just take the money you made from the sale and go buy a T Mobile S4 for roughly the same price. You should be able to sell the Verizon phone for $350ish if it's really clean.

Then you end up with a T Mobile phone and you are only your original $180 out of pocket.

It's just so much easier to do it that way then to try to force a CDMA phone to work on a GSM network.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4248

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjacks View Post
The part about selling it makes the most sense.

The price you paid is well under market value. Resell it for it's true market value then just take the money you made from the sale and go buy a T Mobile S4 for roughly the same price. You should be able to sell the Verizon phone for $350ish if it's really clean.

Then you end up with a T Mobile phone and you are only your original $180 out of pocket.

It's just so much easier to do it that way then to try to force a CDMA phone to work on a GSM network.
Supposedly all the internal components are there for use on a GSM network. Its just enabling the software and modem to use the GSM networks. Forget exactly what preventions were set in place.

mikenike500
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Supposedly all the internal components are there for use on a GSM network. Its just enabling the software and modem to use the GSM networks. Forget exactly what preventions were set in place.
I've read up and there are numerous people that get LTE on S4 with 4.3+.

I'm a super cheapskate, even if I re-sell it i'm still going to try and buy another for under 200 locally.

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4248

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenike500 View Post
I've read up and there are numerous people that get LTE on S4 with 4.3+.

I'm a super cheapskate, even if I re-sell it i'm still going to try and buy another for under 200 locally.
I think the thing they had trouble with enabling was the regular 4G aws band T-Mobile uses.