Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,807 Members 43,733 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Safe Strap on 4.4.2

Tip us?
 
@ttnote3
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 50
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default [Q] Safe Strap on 4.4.2

Anyone have any luck getting safe strap to work on Kit kat 4.4.2? I install.. reboot.. and just blank screen forever. Help.. thx
 
SunnyOK
Old
(Last edited by SunnyOK; 6th March 2014 at 02:11 AM.)
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 140
Posts: 263
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ttnote3 View Post
Anyone have any luck getting safe strap to work on Kit kat 4.4.2? I install.. reboot.. and just blank screen forever. Help.. thx
Current SS 3.71 does not support 4.4.2 KitKat. It works for JB 4.3 only. We are waiting for new release SS for 4.4.2 KitKat.
 
@ttnote3
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 50
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyOK View Post
Current SS 3.71 does not support 4.4.2 KitKat. It works for JB 4.3 only. We are waiting for new release SS for 4.4.2 KitKat.
Wish I had known before installing. Next question is.. how do I flash a zip .. like a keyboard without safestrap? I've rebooted to recovery.. but, get a message that the directory is invalid. Any help is appreciated.

thx
 
mutantblack
Old
#4  
mutantblack's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 701
Posts: 2,338
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tornados City
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ttnote3 View Post
Wish I had known before installing. Next question is.. how do I flash a zip .. like a keyboard without safestrap? I've rebooted to recovery.. but, get a message that the directory is invalid. Any help is appreciated.

thx
I suggest you should do a whole lot of research before you started to flash things. Visit to the development thread and you can find out more info.
Go back to MJ5, and then flash KnoxRaid rom or any of those that ported by drake if you want to be on KitKat.
Current:
Note 3 White+Gear
S4 White

Old Toys:
Nokia 520, Samsung Note 2, S3 Red, iPhone 5,Galaxy Note, iPhone 4, Samsung Infuse 4g, HTC Inspire 4g,
HD2, Nexus One, HTC Tilt 2, HTC Fuze, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, Samsung Blackjack 2, AT&T 8925 Tilt,
Samsung Blackjack, Cingular 8525, G1, Sony Ericsson P900, Samsung E250, Motorola Razor,
Motorola Flip, Nokia 8850
 
@ttnote3
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 50
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutantblack View Post
I suggest you should do a whole lot of research before you started to flash things. Visit to the development thread and you can find out more info.
Go back to MJ5, and then flash KnoxRaid rom or any of those that ported by drake if you want to be on KitKat.
Found Drakey's instructions on simulating safe strap for now. was able to flash my keyboard. Looking forward to a safestrap for 4.4.2
 
Reedonculous
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 24
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drake has been doing great things and Hashcode is still working on the bootlaoder safestrap issues. Hopefully we'll get it b4 the Note4 comes out!
 
shane1981
Old
#7  
shane1981's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 98
Join Date: Mar 2014
Question question

im very new to flashing.my question is will i be able to flash a kitkat rom with safestrap after its updated for kitkat even if im on 4.3 because for some reason my phone says update failed after 25% and i realy want kitkat but dont know what to do other than flashing it with safestrap and i dont have a computer and using odin sounds a little over my head ( if i can get access to a computer).
 
Why0Why
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane1981 View Post
im very new to flashing.my question is will i be able to flash a kitkat rom with safestrap after its updated for kitkat even if im on 4.3 because for some reason my phone says update failed after 25% and i realy want kitkat but dont know what to do other than flashing it with safestrap and i dont have a computer and using odin sounds a little over my head ( if i can get access to a computer).
Once SS is updated it should be fine. But the flashing process with odin isn't hard if you can get access to a computer. Drakey has very clear instructions in any of his ROM threads.
 
muniz_ri
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 887
Posts: 694
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ttnote3 View Post
Anyone have any luck getting safe strap to work on Kit kat 4.4.2? I install.. reboot.. and just blank screen forever. Help.. thx
We have been able to get SS to work on the I337 4.4 NB1 build by first downgrading to 4.3 by only flashing some of the 4.3 partitions including the stock kernel then rooting and installing SS. Once we flash the Custom ROM in SS we flash back to the 4.4 stock kernel. From that point forward all we need to do to wipe and flash another ROM is flash the 4.3 kernel again.

I don't know if this will work on your device but it may be worth a shot.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Blast Those Flags with Knock the Flags

Lately, we have seen a rather drastic shift in the world of mobile device gaming. The infamous Angry … more

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more

Implement Split View in Your LG G2 KitKat Rom with Automated Installer

Some of you may have remembered a story on the Portal a few weeks back … more

Cast Your Device Screen the Way it Was Meant to be with Second Screen

Not too long ago here on the XDA Portal, we covered how Google had made … more