14.3.A.0.681 - Inaccessible Notification Drawer on reduced LCD Density

23rd March 2014, 07:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

149 posts
Moderators... Please close/delete this thread.. As listed in 2nd post, there exists already another thread describing the same issue, although self-appointed moderator there claims the question isn't worthy of any help anyway...

_-------------------------------

When LCD density is lowered 240 and below, notification drawer is inaccessible... U get to see icons of new notifications received, but when u try to pull notifications drawer down, ur screen becomes dim, as though a 50% transparent notification drawer without any border has been pulled down, but no way u can select or see any of the notifications.

Anyone know a way around this?
Quick settings on right side status bar pull down appears to be OK.

SCREENSHOTS ENCLOSED FOR DETAILS:
1. Normal View.
2. Inaccessible Notification drawer (when left side of status bar is pulled down)
3. Accessible Quick Settings (when right side of status bar is pulled down)

I tried the following LCD densities:

320 - normal density - everything is fine.
300 - fine
280 - endless systemui FC
250 - as above
240 all the way down to 160 - inaccessible as described in the beginning of this post.

I generally use my phone at half the original LCD Density - 160 for ZU, with large fonts, irrespective of the ROM loaded at the time on my phone (from the days of galaxy nexus and xperia z before ZU)

I'd noticed that 4.3 stock Sony firmware had other problems when LCD density was lowered below 220 - semcphone few other Sony apps used to crash.. But with KitKat, app Sony apps work fine even at 160, but I am only unable to access notifications... Which is nonetheless an important part of android.

I am using KitKat since November, ran every build of ever custom ROM posted here or on too.I'm since...have been waiting for Sony KitKat firmware to release for a stable environment, but 300 or 320 is the only LCD density on this firmware where everything works perfectly (as opposed to 4.3 which at least offered a use able experience all the way down to 220) which isn't an option as it does not offer me any of the advantages I am used to at near half density such as tablet ui / split view framework n such..

None of the aosp/cm based Roms produce such problems even at 160... Certain things like carbon fibers (on carbon rom ) used to fc... But for such individual elements, I could just run at a higher DPI with app settings xposed module... I can't do that here, because setting systemui or android system at 300 and everything else at 160 is totally pointless..

So if anyone knows how to fix this inaccessible notification drawer and so that I may be able to use the phone with everything working as it should at 200 or less, please reply.

Please don't tell me not to lower my LCD density - that's my choice and is the reason why XDA exists - to surpass limits, not to learn to live within limits.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.normal.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	240.7 KB
ID:	2645238   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.notification-not-accessible.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	2645241   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.quicksettings-ok.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	2645242  
Last edited by spicemaster; 24th March 2014 at 05:11 PM. Reason: screenshots added
23rd March 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 43

519 posts
ok
me too i have this problem

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2690673
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread