Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Need tethering app that actually works

OP trpenner

15th March 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2006
ATT wants $50 more on top of the $160 we are already paying to upgrade the data plan in order to enable tethering on my HTC One X. This is robbery. I've tried three tethering apps and my phone is rooted. Nothing seems to work.

Please advise.
15th March 2014, 08:19 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 22
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trpenner

ATT wants $50 more on top of the $160 we are already paying to upgrade the data plan in order to enable tethering on my HTC One X. This is robbery. I've tried three tethering apps and my phone is rooted. Nothing seems to work.

Please advise.

Check this link it might help you save money and I believe those plans include mobile hotspot

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50165782

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th March 2014, 08:41 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopoX84

Check this link it might help you save money and I believe those plans include mobile hotspot

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50165782

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah, I don't like the plan games and don't have time to figure that mess out. I'd rather stick with root and figure out a tethering method that works. What is the best app to make this happen?
15th March 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 22
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
Donate to Me
More
There is a way to use ES file explorer... I don't remember exactly how it is, look for it

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th March 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
flash a custom rom then you can easily achieve tethering

if you want to stay stock rooted, there's a mod to remove AT&T from the signal bar so it just shows 3G, H+...etc that will also allow you to tether directly from the built in hot spot. forgot the mod name otherwise i would have thrown you a link. you can probably find it on xda
23rd March 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2006
Tethering with a custom rom
Quote:
Originally Posted by 623baller

flash a custom rom then you can easily achieve tethering

if you want to stay stock rooted, there's a mod to remove AT&T from the signal bar so it just shows 3G, H+...etc that will also allow you to tether directly from the built in hot spot. forgot the mod name otherwise i would have thrown you a link. you can probably find it on xda

That's fantastic news. When rooting the first time, I used this toolkit http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2587677. It has run apps requiring root so I think it is still rooted although I wish it would tell me when it updates because ATT no longer seems to find any except for individual apps. Once I got it rooted, I didn't follow through with a custom ROM because I didn't know how to check the popularity and stability of them. I would love to have tethering so that I can hot spot my phone when needed, and I would also like to have 'real' call recording as opposed to microphone based call recording. Assistance in where to go with this would be greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes