Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

G2 Battery replacement

OP hamad138

19th January 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 113

451 posts
Is it easy to replace the Battery, even when its unremoveable battery?

Can technic partners of lg do it?
19th January 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 230

992 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamad138

Is it easy to replace the Battery, even when its unremoveable battery?

Can technic partners of lg do it?

I think it's not 5minutes, look there http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2470662 for teardown. What I know is that one must freeze underlying glue,which grips the battery, with pressured air. Otherwise battery won't take off "the box".

What is more interesting is can I put a thermal compound a top of processor? What I learned from benchmark results is that my item gets hot way too quicker than other forum members'. Seems like heat dissipation it is not even across the line and I want to help my item keep cool
19th January 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 983

1,194 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Madison

I think it's not 5minutes, look there http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2470662 for teardown. What I know is that one must freeze underlying glue,which grips the battery, with pressured air. Otherwise battery won't take off "the box".

What is more interesting is can I put a thermal compound a top of processor? What I learned from benchmark results is that my item gets hot way too quicker than other forum members'. Seems like heat dissipation it is not even across the line and I want to help my item keep cool

Your device isn't the only one which gets really hot after just a few hours/minutes of usage. Mine does too. But I dont think thermal paste will do any good.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

What about something like http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...138128904.html put under the back cover of our phones?

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Or this:
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/v...ommend_item_en
19th January 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 113

451 posts
Wow is it really that difficult to replace battery
19th January 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 431

2,246 posts
Quote:

Well, that's the whole purpose of building a phone with irremovable battery, m8.
Other wise, every one of us can do it.
23rd March 2014, 10:15 AM   |  #6  
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 518

1,493 posts
More
Quote:

Soldering/fixing the battery to the chassis makes the whole setup easier to build and cheaper to mass-produce.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread