Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,360 Members 53,367 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Picture folder full without pictures

Tip us?

x5c0d3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default [Q] Picture folder full without pictures

My girlfriend makes alot photos from our kids. The folder was almost full some days ago so she moved (not copied) all pictures onto her laptop. When we look at the storage details the pictures still take about 19GiB but looking at the pictures we just see that there is nothing. I guess the folder is full with hidden files. Is there any way to get rid of them without using factory reset?

Nokia Lumia 1020

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2636
Did she use the Nokia software to do it? For reasons not completley obvious to me, Nokia stores the high-resolution photos (which will be the vast bulk of the stored data) that its camera app uses separately from the "normal" (5MPx) resolution photos that every other app (including the OS) sees. It sounds like she moved off the low-res images but not the high-res ones. If you check the Nokia camera app (instead of the built-in Pictures app) are the photos still there?

I believe there's a desktop app from Nokia that can retrieve those files...?
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

titi66200
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post

I believe there's a desktop app from Nokia that can retrieve those files...?
When i connect my 1020 to my PC i have acces to "Ordinateur\Nokia Lumia 1020\Phone\Pictures\Camera Roll" witout app.
Nokia Lumia 1020: GDR3
HTC Titan: New Gen 2.3 OS 7.10.8862.144.
HTC HD2: New Gen 2.3 OS 7.10.8862.144.
Asus Slate EP121: Windows 8.1

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2636
Yes, but that's the public files exposed by the OS only. App files, including the pictures that the high-end Lumias take, don't seem to be included.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

titi66200
Old
Thanks Meter 103
In the folder you have : Smart.nar (SmartCam), Pro.jpg (ProCam5Mp), Pro__highres.jpg (ProCam High-res).
Nokia Lumia 1020: GDR3
HTC Titan: New Gen 2.3 OS 7.10.8862.144.
HTC HD2: New Gen 2.3 OS 7.10.8862.144.
Asus Slate EP121: Windows 8.1