XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more
Post Reply

[Q] Does Rom Porter work with stock roms?

22nd March 2014, 11:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Hi,
can i port Android 4.4 from Xperia Z1 to Xperia T using Rom Porter or it's working only with costum roms? I greet
Last edited by Arcathic; 22nd March 2014 at 11:12 AM.
22nd March 2014, 01:06 PM   |  #2  
matt4321's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Oxford/Leicester, UK
Thanks Meter: 1,212
 
1,600 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcathic

Hi,
can i port Android 4.4 from Xperia Z1 to Xperia T using Rom Porter or it's working only with costum roms? I greet

it could be done for unlocked bootloaders but if you're thinking of trying it for locked bootloaders it can't be done since we have a 4.3 kernel, so you can port a 4.3 ROM theorectically
22nd March 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt4321

it could be done for unlocked bootloaders but if you're thinking of trying it for locked bootloaders it can't be done since we have a 4.3 kernel, so you can port a 4.3 ROM theorectically

Thanks for answer. Can I unlock bootloader without removing folder "data"?
22nd March 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #4  
matt4321's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Oxford/Leicester, UK
Thanks Meter: 1,212
 
1,600 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcathic

Thanks for answer. Can I unlock bootloader without removing folder "data"?

unfortunately you can't, /data partition will always be wiped when unlocking the bootloader
22nd March 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt4321

unfortunately you can't, /data partition will always be wiped when unlocking the bootloader

If I will unlock bootloader, all my apps, games saves and settings would be removed, yes? Can I simply copy folder "data" before unlock and replace copied folder after unlock? Or won't it work? Sorry for my English.
22nd March 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #6  
matt4321's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Oxford/Leicester, UK
Thanks Meter: 1,212
 
1,600 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcathic

If I will unlock bootloader, all my apps, games saves and settings would be removed, yes? Can I simply copy folder "data" before unlock and replace copied folder after unlock? Or won't it work? Sorry for my English.

as far as I know you can backup with this without root: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ikdutta.backup

you can use titanium backup with root and backup your apps with that.

then restore after you have unlocked the bootloader
23rd March 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Can you write how to port Android 4.4 from XZ1 to XT?
Last edited by Arcathic; 23rd March 2014 at 12:21 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia T, TL, TX, V General by ThreadRank