OP derekmines

23rd March 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
Hi forum

I'm a complete newbie to this, in fact I've never done more than install an app on my Galaxy W until last week.

I have now rooted the phone (is that the right term?) and am running android 4.4.2

It's pretty stable but I have a couple of issues that I wonder if anyone has experienced....
Please forgive me if this is the wrong section but there's a nasty warning about posting in the developers bit!

issue 1 is that I am unable to answer calls.... the phone rings, the back and menu buttons light up but the screen doesn't illuminate or allow me to swipe to answer... if I know the call's coming and hold the phone with no screenlock on then I can answer fine.

The other issue is that's it's very very slow... this is probably just down to a lack of RAM but any experience to make it run quicker would bbe appreciated.

Alternatively, should I downgrade to 4.2.2?
23rd March 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #2  
mmcblk0p15
Thanks Meter: 599

540 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmines

Hi forum

I'm a complete newbie to this, in fact I've never done more than install an app on my Galaxy W until last week.

I have now rooted the phone (is that the right term?) and am running android 4.4.2

It's pretty stable but I have a couple of issues that I wonder if anyone has experienced....
Please forgive me if this is the wrong section but there's a nasty warning about posting in the developers bit!

issue 1 is that I am unable to answer calls.... the phone rings, the back and menu buttons light up but the screen doesn't illuminate or allow me to swipe to answer... if I know the call's coming and hold the phone with no screenlock on then I can answer fine.

The other issue is that's it's very very slow... this is probably just down to a lack of RAM but any experience to make it run quicker would bbe appreciated.

Alternatively, should I downgrade to 4.2.2?

did you make clean install? if not please re-flash the rom via clean install

-wipe data/factory reset
-format system
-format sdcard0(default)
23rd March 2014, 01:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir mordred

did you make clean install? if not please re-flash the rom via clean install

-wipe data/factory reset
-format system
-format sdcard0(default)

Hi

I did make a clean install.... I followed a step by step guide on the trueandroid site (I can't post a link as i'm new here)
it noted full backup, clockwork mod, data wipe, dalvik wipe.

Everything worked exactly as they said.
23rd March 2014, 01:38 PM   |  #4  
Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 591

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmines

Hi

I did make a clean install.... I followed a step by step guide on the trueandroid site (I can't post a link as i'm new here)
it noted full backup, clockwork mod, data wipe, dalvik wipe.

Everything worked exactly as they said.

I'll send youa good working configuration 4.4.2 via pm :P

1st pm = downloadlinks
2nd pm = guide
Last edited by LS.xD; 23rd March 2014 at 01:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread