Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,465 Members 37,218 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem with flashing CyanogenMod 9.1 Beta 2

Tip us?

bocseko
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] Problem with flashing CyanogenMod 9.1 Beta 2

Hi !
I have flash CyanogenMod 9.1 beta 2 cooperve (galaxy ace s5830i). First I try it from CM 7.2 RC4 : flash kernel biels 4.0, reboot CWM after that mount data,system and install zip from SD card and reboot phone.

I try it from stock rom too - Download EXT4 tool, the Kernel and the Rom on device,
Flash on Samsung recovery Biels temp. CWM.
When you are on the Temp. CWM, flash the EXT4 Formatter tool, so whole system will be converted to EXT4. (Stock filesystem is RFS)
After the installation, flash my kernel you have downloaded before.
When the Kernel is installed, go, on the CWM, to advanced --> reboot recovery (this will reboot the device, and turn it on on the new CWM of kernel)
Wipe data, cache and dalvik
(IMPORTANT) Go to mounts and storage, and make sure system is mounted (will show unmounted), if it shows unmounted, click it twice, to make sure!
Go to install zip from SD Card, after that reboot phone.

In both cases i have got the same problem. In the first case rom boot up, but too many bugs, force closes...(It doesnt look like HW is fixed fully)

In second case, I got bootloop or rom boot up but it shows - setup wizard.it force closes on setup wizard.

What did i do wrong ???

LS.xD
Old
(Last edited by LS.xD; 23rd March 2014 at 02:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocseko View Post
Hi !
I have flash CyanogenMod 9.1 beta 2 cooperve (galaxy ace s5830i). First I try it from CM 7.2 RC4 : flash kernel biels 4.0, reboot CWM after that mount data,system and install zip from SD card and reboot phone.

I try it from stock rom too - Download EXT4 tool, the Kernel and the Rom on device,
Flash on Samsung recovery Biels temp. CWM.
When you are on the Temp. CWM, flash the EXT4 Formatter tool, so whole system will be converted to EXT4. (Stock filesystem is RFS)
After the installation, flash my kernel you have downloaded before.
When the Kernel is installed, go, on the CWM, to advanced --> reboot recovery (this will reboot the device, and turn it on on the new CWM of kernel)
Wipe data, cache and dalvik
(IMPORTANT) Go to mounts and storage, and make sure system is mounted (will show unmounted), if it shows unmounted, click it twice, to make sure!
Go to install zip from SD Card, after that reboot phone.

In both cases i have got the same problem. In the first case rom boot up, but too many bugs, force closes...(It doesnt look like HW is fixed fully)

In second case, I got bootloop or rom boot up but it shows - setup wizard.it force closes on setup wizard.

What did i do wrong ???

EDIT:

DONT INSTALL AS YOU GOT 5830i ?!?! <----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...