Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,272 Members 43,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto G - Unfortunately Camera has stopped

Tip us?

iBART
Old
Thanks Meter 1
GB version, same problem.
Rebotting saved my day.

rhishavphukan
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Same problem here on the Indian version. Reboot makes it alright. anyone who knows why this is happening? Hope to get a fix soon.
Have 2 Moto G's and this problem occurs on both.

Google Nexus 4 & HTC Sensation & Moto G

GregoryDelaey
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Camera Camera fix

Ok so I've been testing the camera for 3 days now and it works just perfect. The only fix (for now) seems to be resetting the phone. You can find this under settings - Back-up and reset (don't know how this menu is called in English, as my phone is in Dutch).
Be aware, it WILL erase everything so make sure to back things up.

grahamgo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
@GregoryDelaey Hi, I am pleased to hear that the effort resulted in a good outcome for you. I was convinced that my phone had a hardware camera problem. But its now 10 days and the camera so far is faultless. Yesterday I tried some other camera apps to see if I could improve the camera. One called Snap Camera did seem to give marginally better results. But in the end I decided to stay with the Kitkat version. It doesn't have HDR but I decided that I could achieve the same thing by photo editing on my PC.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

GregoryDelaey
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Camera Camera Update

Ok, so the last few days I got the error again. It appears when I start the camera app, then it crashes and after that I can start the app again and start taking pictures.
But today, an update for the camera was released on the play story, it says it has several bug fixes + support for android 4.4.2. I think this might be the update we were waiting for. I'll test it this weekend to see if it is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GregoryDelaey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dwarf Cavendish
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryDelaey View Post
Ok, so the last few days I got the error again. It appears when I start the camera app, then it crashes and after that I can start the app again and start taking pictures.
But today, an update for the camera was released on the play story, it says it has several bug fixes + support for android 4.4.2. I think this might be the update we were waiting for. I'll test it this weekend to see if it is.
I have camera issues as well, running CM11 on my European Moto G. I only noticed it when I actually tried to take a picture, the camera app would crash then. My wife has a stock Moto G and told me about a camera update yesterday, but she wasn't sure where it came from, only that she did not have to reboot. I was wondering whether I would have to flash a new radio to get this fix, but now that I know that it apparently came from the Play Store I'm not sure what to do atm .

Rebooting does help by the way.

GregoryDelaey
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarf Cavendish View Post
I have camera issues as well, running CM11 on my European Moto G. I only noticed it when I actually tried to take a picture, the camera app would crash then. My wife has a stock Moto G and told me about a camera update yesterday, but she wasn't sure where it came from, only that she did not have to reboot. I was wondering whether I would have to flash a new radio to get this fix, but now that I know that it apparently came from the Play Store I'm not sure what to do atm .

Rebooting does help by the way.
Yes the new update comes from the play store and it's from Motorola themselves. They updated the camera app to be compatible with Android 4.4.2. so that means it won't crash anymore (at least for me it doesn't). Can't help you with your camera issue though, seeing that you're on a custom rom.