Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,509 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

N7100 stuck on Samsung Screen

Tip us?

mat9v
Old
Thanks Meter 886

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter7769 View Post
Hi
one question i forgot to ask, when i flash the pit file do i have a tick in the Re-partition box, or should i leave it blank?

Thanks again

Pete
Yes, it should by ticked. Remember to flash it along with complete firmware.
Samsung SM-N9005 with X-Note 17 ROM

My latest OC / UV Scripts for Devil / Agni and Nadia Kernels for Note 2 are HERE
My guide to EXT4 to F2FS migration for Note 2 is HERE

peter7769
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat9v View Post
Yes, it should by ticked. Remember to flash it along with complete firmware.
Hi
Well i tried the pit file with a full firmware flash at the same time, as usual ODIN said passed with a time of 6:48, but the phone would still not boot.

i then tried flashing philz recovery, again ODIN said pass, but booted into recovery and was still TWRP.

i think its time to admit defeat and ditch the phone, i am very annoyed however that it appears to be nothing that ive done that has caused this in the first place, im wondering if this is a hardware issue?

Thanks as always for the suggestions.

Pete

mat9v
Old
(Last edited by mat9v; 26th February 2014 at 09:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 886

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hi
Well i tried the pit file with a full firmware flash at the same time, as usual ODIN said passed with a time of 6:48, but the phone would still not boot.

i then tried flashing philz recovery, again ODIN said pass, but booted into recovery and was still TWRP.

i think its time to admit defeat and ditch the phone, i am very annoyed however that it appears to be nothing that ive done that has caused this in the first place, im wondering if this is a hardware issue?

Thanks as always for the suggestions.

Pete
Perhaps, one other try, do the same procedure with simcard and sdcard pulled out. Also try on another PC. Don't install Kies, just connect and let Windows search for updates, then try flashing Philz. If you are successful you are home free
There is of course the chance that internal memory or it's controller is damaged and the phone is truly dead.

My latest OC / UV Scripts for Devil / Agni and Nadia Kernels for Note 2 are HERE

peter7769
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat9v View Post
Perhaps, one other try, do the same procedure with simcard and sdcard pulled out. Also try on another PC. Don't install Kies, just connect and let Windows search for updates, then try flashing Philz. If you are successful you are home free
There is of course the chance that internal memory or it's controller is damaged and the phone is truly dead.
i have been doing this all along with no sim or sd card in, i thought that would be the best idea?

im afraid i dont have access to another pc though.

Pete

mat9v
Old
Thanks Meter 886

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
i have been doing this all along with no sim or sd card in, i thought that would be the best idea?

im afraid i dont have access to another pc though.

Pete

Try an internet cafe? Work /school /friend?

peter7769
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
i have taken it back to carphone warehouse with a begging letter!!, i will keep you posted on the outcome

Pete

peter7769
Old
(Last edited by peter7769; 15th March 2014 at 03:56 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Hi Folks
just to give you an update, the phone is waiting for parts from Samsung!! don't know exactly what but ill hopefully find out what the actual problem was once i get it back, at least it sounds like it was a hardware fault and not software, seems like the begging letter worked

Pete

peter7769
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Hi everyone, got my Note back today, all fixed, all i know is the the pcb was replaced and a few other parts, its also been updated to 4.3 as well.