Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

N7100 stuck on Samsung Screen

OP peter7769

26th February 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #21  
Flag Gdynia
Thanks Meter: 928

1,374 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter7769

Hi
one question i forgot to ask, when i flash the pit file do i have a tick in the Re-partition box, or should i leave it blank?

Thanks again

Pete

Yes, it should by ticked. Remember to flash it along with complete firmware.
26th February 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

102 posts
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat9v

Yes, it should by ticked. Remember to flash it along with complete firmware.

Hi
Well i tried the pit file with a full firmware flash at the same time, as usual ODIN said passed with a time of 6:48, but the phone would still not boot.

i then tried flashing philz recovery, again ODIN said pass, but booted into recovery and was still TWRP.

i think its time to admit defeat and ditch the phone, i am very annoyed however that it appears to be nothing that ive done that has caused this in the first place, im wondering if this is a hardware issue?

Thanks as always for the suggestions.

Pete
26th February 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #23  
Flag Gdynia

1,374 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi
Well i tried the pit file with a full firmware flash at the same time, as usual ODIN said passed with a time of 6:48, but the phone would still not boot.

i then tried flashing philz recovery, again ODIN said pass, but booted into recovery and was still TWRP.

i think its time to admit defeat and ditch the phone, i am very annoyed however that it appears to be nothing that ive done that has caused this in the first place, im wondering if this is a hardware issue?

Thanks as always for the suggestions.

Pete

Perhaps, one other try, do the same procedure with simcard and sdcard pulled out. Also try on another PC. Don't install Kies, just connect and let Windows search for updates, then try flashing Philz. If you are successful you are home free
There is of course the chance that internal memory or it's controller is damaged and the phone is truly dead.
Last edited by mat9v; 26th February 2014 at 10:52 PM.
26th February 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #24  
OP Senior Member

102 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat9v

Perhaps, one other try, do the same procedure with simcard and sdcard pulled out. Also try on another PC. Don't install Kies, just connect and let Windows search for updates, then try flashing Philz. If you are successful you are home free
There is of course the chance that internal memory or it's controller is damaged and the phone is truly dead.

i have been doing this all along with no sim or sd card in, i thought that would be the best idea?

im afraid i dont have access to another pc though.

Pete
26th February 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #25  
Flag Gdynia

1,374 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

i have been doing this all along with no sim or sd card in, i thought that would be the best idea?

im afraid i dont have access to another pc though.

Pete

Try an internet cafe? Work /school /friend?
4th March 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member

102 posts
More
i have taken it back to carphone warehouse with a begging letter!!, i will keep you posted on the outcome

Pete
15th March 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #27  
OP Senior Member

102 posts
More
Hi Folks
just to give you an update, the phone is waiting for parts from Samsung!! don't know exactly what but ill hopefully find out what the actual problem was once i get it back, at least it sounds like it was a hardware fault and not software, seems like the begging letter worked

Pete
Last edited by peter7769; 15th March 2014 at 04:56 PM.
23rd March 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #28  
OP Senior Member

102 posts
More
Hi everyone, got my Note back today, all fixed, all i know is the the pcb was replaced and a few other parts, its also been updated to 4.3 as well.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread