WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19b back in February, they took the tech … more

Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

CWM Partition SD

OP nexbr

23rd March 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Jau
Thanks Meter: 0

30 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi i had the SD Partitioned and when i tried backup sd-ext it gives an error: No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext.

So i wiped my SD Card using Android format, and all Partitions was deleted.

So when i try to Partition SD Card using CWM (Cyanogenmod Recovery) it says that is formatting but only pass 2 seconds and it says is all done, but is not my sd stays the same.

I'm using KitKat 4.4 for Galaxy Y (CyanoCream 4) and Whitexp last Kernel with 16GB Class 10 MicroSD.

Can anybody help me?
23rd March 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 36

201 posts
More
use minitool partition wizard for windows . u can download it

use it to deleted any partition on sd card and recreated new partition of FAT32 format . then if u want 2nd partition created new partition too (when u make 1st partition save space for 2nd partition) with ext2/3/4 it u choice . after finish apply it and done

note - backup all u sdcard data/files/etc before u started
23rd March 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Jau

30 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon_Lime`s

use minitool partition wizard for windows . u can download it

use it to deleted any partition on sd card and recreated new partition of FAT32 format . then if u want 2nd partition created new partition too (when u make 1st partition save space for 2nd partition) with ext2/3/4 it u choice . after finish apply it and done

note - backup all u sdcard data/files/etc before u started

Thanks but that i'll not solve the CWM Error: No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext.

The issue i'm trying to solve is to make CWM Work with SD-Ext, Partition SD and Backup SD-Ext inside CWM.
23rd March 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,544

4,734 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexbr

Hi i had the SD Partitioned and when i tried backup sd-ext it gives an error: No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext.

So i wiped my SD Card using Android format, and all Partitions was deleted.

So when i try to Partition SD Card using CWM (Cyanogenmod Recovery) it says that is formatting but only pass 2 seconds and it says is all done, but is not my sd stays the same.

I'm using KitKat 4.4 for Galaxy Y (********* 4) and Whitexp last Kernel with 16GB Class 10 MicroSD.

Can anybody help me?

to start off with you are not using kitkat 4.4 - you are using gingerbread 2.3.6 that is themed to look like kitkat

secondly you are using a banned rom so no support here from xda

thirdly you can only backup sd ext with kernels that support backing up of sd ext - whites kernel does so unless you formatted your sd card in an unsupported way - best to create the 2nd partition in cwm
Last edited by marcussmith2626; 23rd March 2014 at 10:53 PM.
23rd March 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 36

201 posts
More
is that a banned rom i not know it . maybe it me never searching for rom .
Last edited by Lemon_Lime`s; 23rd March 2014 at 10:40 PM.
23rd March 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Jau

30 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626

to start off with you are not using kitkat 4.4 - you are using gingerbread 2.3.6 that is themed to look like kitkat

secondly you are using a banned rom so no support here from xda

thirdly you can only backup sd ext with kernels that support backing up of sd ext - whites kernel does so unless you formatted your sd card in an unsupported way - best to create the 2nd partition in cwm

I used Android to format my sd, is formated as fat32, CWM SD-Ext Backup should work.
23rd March 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,544

4,734 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexbr

I used Android to format my sd, is formated as fat32, CWM SD-Ext Backup should work.

no it wont - as you havent created a 2nd ext sd card partition if you have just formatted as fat32 without creating the 2nd sd card partition in cwm
23rd March 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #8  
Forum Moderator
London
Thanks Meter: 11,622

14,863 posts
Donate to Me
More
Mod Edit

As has been mentioned , Cyanocream ROM is banned on XDA.

Therefore , there can be no discussion on the subject.

Thread closed

malybru
Forum Moderator

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, galaxy y, kitkat, partition, sdcard
Previous Thread Next Thread