5,597,313 Members 36,455 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP! I need to flash a modem if anyone can help?

Tip us?
 
asheehanjr
Old
(Last edited by asheehanjr; 7th January 2014 at 07:39 PM.) Reason: Forgot something
#1  
asheehanjr's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 105
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Westfield, MA
Default [Q] HELP! I need to flash a modem if anyone can help?

Ok well, I got my replacement Moto G and everything was working ok on 4.3. Then I decided to manually flash Kitkat through adb after unlocking the boot-loader, and now I'm getting no service at all. lol. Um, yea So I have flashed the same firmware on the original Moto G that I had and had no problems flashing it. I don't know why I'm not getting any service on this one? I forgot to mention that I twent back to 4.3 through adb seeing that might of helped and did the kitkat upgrade after, and nada!

Baseband Version: MSM8626BP_1032.340.63.00b

System Version: 172.44.4.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US

Build number: KXB20.9-1.8-1.4

Under status I'm getting Unknown Network, Mobile Network type Unknown, Service State: Radio off, Mobile network state, disconnected, Bluetooth address unavailable. That is what is missing under those sections. I'm assuming it has something to do with the radio/modem. If anyone has one they can let me flash for the Retail US version, I would highly appreciated. Thank you for your help!
Phones:
Moto G'reatness!: Stock 4.4 rooted with Xposed framework and Gravity Box.
Samsung Focus 2: Its a Windows Phone, nothing special!


Coming Soon....
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 again. Well maybe....
 
2hipso
Old
(Last edited by 2hipso; 7th January 2014 at 07:57 PM.)
#2  
2hipso's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 127
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Slovakia, Žilina
Default maybe a solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by asheehanjr View Post
Ok well, I got my replacement Moto G and everything was working ok on 4.3. Then I decided to manually flash Kitkat through adb after unlocking the boot-loader, and now I'm getting no service at all. lol. Um, yea So I have flashed the same firmware on the original Moto G that I had and had no problems flashing it. I don't know why I'm not getting any service on this one? I forgot to mention that I twent back to 4.3 through adb seeing that might of helped and did the kitkat upgrade after, and nada!

Baseband Version: MSM8626BP_1032.340.63.00b

System Version: 172.44.4.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US

Build number: KXB20.9-1.8-1.4

Under status I'm getting Unknown Network, Mobile Network type Unknown, Service State: Radio off, Mobile network state, disconnected, Bluetooth address unavailable. That is what is missing under those sections. I'm assuming it has something to do with the radio/modem. If anyone has one they can let me flash for the Retail US version, I would highly appreciated. Thank you for your help!

try this:
1. open dialer
2. type this: *#*#4636#*#*
3. open Phone information
4. scroll down and tap "Turn on radio"

if nothing happened, try reboot... is it working?

Motorola Moto G - 8GB (not rooted) | System version: Retail.en.DE | Android version: 4.4.2 KitKat
If my post was helpful, just hit the THANKS button
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2hipso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
asheehanjr
Old
#3  
asheehanjr's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 105
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Westfield, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipso View Post
try this:
1. open dialer
2. type this: *#*#4636#*#*
3. open Phone information
4. scroll down and tap "Turn on radio"

then reboot... is it working?
I did try it and it didn't work for me but, I re downloaded the Android 4.4.2 Blur_Version.172.44.4.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US and flashed it via adb and, I switched the msfastboot modem 1 and 2 did that before flashing the modem NON-HLOS.bin and have everything working now. Phew. lol. Thanks for your help dude. Will note your method for future use. Thanks again!
Phones:
Moto G'reatness!: Stock 4.4 rooted with Xposed framework and Gravity Box.
Samsung Focus 2: Its a Windows Phone, nothing special!


Coming Soon....
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 again. Well maybe....
 
2hipso
Old
#4  
2hipso's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 127
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Slovakia, Žilina
Default i dont know what are you talking about but

Quote:
Originally Posted by asheehanjr View Post
I did try it and it didn't work for me but, I re downloaded the Android 4.4.2 Blur_Version.172.44.4.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US and flashed it via adb and, I switched the msfastboot modem 1 and 2 did that before flashing the modem NON-HLOS.bin and have everything working now. Phew. lol. Thanks for your help dude. Will note your method for future use. Thanks again!
you're welcome

Motorola Moto G - 8GB (not rooted) | System version: Retail.en.DE | Android version: 4.4.2 KitKat
If my post was helpful, just hit the THANKS button
 
RestlessScreams
Old
#5  
RestlessScreams's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 212
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by asheehanjr View Post
I did try it and it didn't work for me but, I re downloaded the Android 4.4.2 Blur_Version.172.44.4.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US and flashed it via adb and, I switched the msfastboot modem 1 and 2 did that before flashing the modem NON-HLOS.bin and have everything working now. Phew. lol. Thanks for your help dude. Will note your method for future use. Thanks again!
So you reflashed everything and what lines did you use or changed in fastboot?
 
Sharwin
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2014
Exclamation Need Help. I cant turn on my WIFI !!!!

Hello. I have issue with my WiFi connection in my Moto G. I flashed 2 times 4.4.2 stock roms and nothing. I also downgrade to JB and always cant turn the WiFi button to ON in settings. PLZ HELP ME !!!

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

How you do that. I have identical issue with my Moto G . PLZ HELPPPPPP !!!!!
 
Sharwin
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2014
Exclamation ;(

[QUOTE=Sharwin;50450905]Hello. I have issue with my WiFi connection in my Moto G. I flashed 2 times 4.4.2 stock roms and nothing. I also downgrade to JB and always cant turn the WiFi button to ON in settings. PLZ HELP ME !!![COLOR="Silver"]


Please. Anybody can help me, which lines I must change. I work on this phone yesterday more than 10 hours and nothing. I need help !!!!!!1
 
mokkami
Old
#8  
mokkami's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 362
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pune (IN), Düsseldorf (DE)
Read here
 
jeety4079
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Unhappy Same issue as OP :( Help.

I am having the same issue as the OP. I tried to install modem 2 before 1 the way OP stated. But I still cant get any service on my phone. I also have the 1034 version of the device suited for T-Mobile. I tried to flash the stock radio as well but Im not getting any service. If someone knows what the issue is please help.

By the way my wifi is working just fine. Its the network I cant connect to. I tried my sim card and it work in another phone.

Thank you for any help.

Tags
baseband, modem, moto g
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes