Originally Posted by shiftr182
I had the same problem with Kingo initially. I don't remember how I fixed it, but it was a simple fix.... something stupid. Now it works with no problem.
I've tried all of the crazy suggestions that people have claimed will make it work. Setting screen timeout to 10 minutes, allowing untrusted & disabling app inspection, everything.
I can even use ADB directly from the Kingo directory, no problem.
And here's the real kicker .. if I delete the token allowing ADB access to my phone, Kingo will not trigger the phone to prompt for one. So Kingo is *not* even attempting to run ADB.
Not to mention, if you look at the logs, the entire time Kingo is communicating with Chinese servers. Sure, it might not be doing anything to root the phone, but that's not going to stop them from sending loads of data to China in the process.
At this point I think I think I'm best to chalk up the 12+ wasted hours on Kingo and give vRoot a try. What a nightmare, I've never had such a bad experience with an Android tool, whether it be for S-OFF, Rooting, etc.