Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

i need help with my new n900v

OP lidor578

3rd February 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

71 posts
hello there
i did a mistake and buy note 3 n900v
my rom is based on mje
and my device is very slow and the tw luncher is not smooth like n9005 even that they share the same cpu and gpu
i want to change my rom to one is clean from everyrhing from verizon (like apps and bootanimation)
i have root access and i dont want to brick my device
can i install n9005 rom?
someone can help me please ?
3rd February 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 942

1,602 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lidor578

hello there
my rom is based on mje
and my device is very slow and the tw luncher is not smooth like n9005 even that they share the same cpu and gpu
i want to change my rom to one is clean from everyrhing from verizon (like apps and bootanimation)
can i install n9005 rom?

Questions should be in Q & A. That's what its there for.

Buying a 900V is a big mistake if your not on Verizon. No, you cannot flash N9005 roms on this device. Your best bet would be installing one of the roms in the development section here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...-3/development
3rd February 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lidor578

hello there
my rom is based on mje
can i install n9005 rom?

how do you rooted your mje n990v? i can't
3rd February 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #4  
Flag Boise

1,602 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huess113

how do you rooted your mje n990v? i can't

Kingo... worked on mine
6th February 2014, 06:25 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 10

112 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftr182

Kingo... worked on mine

I don't know if there is a scamware version of Kingo going around or something, but I've never been able to get it to work.

I can use ADB without any problems on my SM-N900V. I then run Kingo and it does nothing, just sits there "waiting" for the devices. Windows Firewall disabled, No AV software, Trying Kingo w/Admin permissions and without. Nothing works.

After wasting hours with this, I finally decided I'd try a vanilla Windows 8 install, nothing on it but Kingo. Still didn't work.

Brought my phone back to my PC, ADB works just fine -- tried Kingo again -- nothing.

...On a related note...

After searching the forums for some time, there is one question I just can't determine definitively:

Can the SM-N900V (Verizon Galaxy Note 3) be truly "unlocked" with a custom recover (or) are we still limited to Safestrap options?

Thank you in advance,
RKM
6th February 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #6  
Flag Boise

1,602 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmFL

I don't know if there is a scamware version of Kingo going around or something, but I've never been able to get it to work.

I can use ADB without any problems on my SM-N900V. I then run Kingo and it does nothing, just sits there "waiting" for the devices. Windows Firewall disabled, No AV software, Trying Kingo w/Admin permissions and without. Nothing works.

After wasting hours with this, I finally decided I'd try a vanilla Windows 8 install, nothing on it but Kingo. Still didn't work.

Brought my phone back to my PC, ADB works just fine -- tried Kingo again -- nothing.

...On a related note...

After searching the forums for some time, there is one question I just can't determine definitively:

Can the SM-N900V (Verizon Galaxy Note 3) be truly "unlocked" with a custom recover (or) are we still limited to Safestrap options?

Thank you in advance,
RKM

I had the same problem with Kingo initially. I don't remember how I fixed it, but it was a simple fix.... something stupid. Now it works with no problem.

In regard to the recovery, if you have a retail Note 3 from Verizon you will brick it if you flash a recovery other than safestrap. The bootloader will recognize the recovery is not stock, your knox will void you warranty and the phone will not boot. The only available recovery option for retail is safestrap.
7th February 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 10

112 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftr182

I had the same problem with Kingo initially. I don't remember how I fixed it, but it was a simple fix.... something stupid. Now it works with no problem.

I've tried all of the crazy suggestions that people have claimed will make it work. Setting screen timeout to 10 minutes, allowing untrusted & disabling app inspection, everything.

I can even use ADB directly from the Kingo directory, no problem.

And here's the real kicker .. if I delete the token allowing ADB access to my phone, Kingo will not trigger the phone to prompt for one. So Kingo is *not* even attempting to run ADB.

Not to mention, if you look at the logs, the entire time Kingo is communicating with Chinese servers. Sure, it might not be doing anything to root the phone, but that's not going to stop them from sending loads of data to China in the process.

At this point I think I think I'm best to chalk up the 12+ wasted hours on Kingo and give vRoot a try. What a nightmare, I've never had such a bad experience with an Android tool, whether it be for S-OFF, Rooting, etc.
23rd March 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmFL

I've tried all of the crazy suggestions that people have claimed will make it work. Setting screen timeout to 10 minutes, allowing untrusted & disabling app inspection, everything.

I can even use ADB directly from the Kingo directory, no problem.

And here's the real kicker .. if I delete the token allowing ADB access to my phone, Kingo will not trigger the phone to prompt for one. So Kingo is *not* even attempting to run ADB.

Not to mention, if you look at the logs, the entire time Kingo is communicating with Chinese servers. Sure, it might not be doing anything to root the phone, but that's not going to stop them from sending loads of data to China in the process.

At this point I think I think I'm best to chalk up the 12+ wasted hours on Kingo and give vRoot a try. What a nightmare, I've never had such a bad experience with an Android tool, whether it be for S-OFF, Rooting, etc.

Any luck with vroot?
23rd March 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 5

100 posts
I wish you could recall the "something simple" to make Kingo work. Where can I get "Safestrap?"
24th March 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #10  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 12

90 posts
More
I just got a Verizon SM-900V with MJE yesterday. I need root to be able to use ARUnchained with my AppRadio 2. I tried Kingo, and it just kept switching between "connecting" and "downloading drivers" it never would connect to the phone. At this point, I'm not to concerned about custom ROMs, nor am I concerned about voiding the warranty. I just need to be able to obtain ROOT without bricking my phone. All of the threads on successful rooting of this device are from around November of last year. So, is there a way to successfully root any more? Thanks in advance!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread