Warranty lol...

Search This thread

rans0m00

Oct 11, 2012
So drop my note 3 from about one foot off the ground... lands solid face down... no case or screen protector... cracks the screen almost from corner to corner. Took out the warranty for once... happy I did that. So paid 175 and yay phone next day... no... not quite... 2 days later no updates. Call and the note 3 is on backorder and should have one in a week. I heard the note 3 was fragile.... but really? This is more of just a sharing of my experience than anything but I just hope they take it without caring that the knox flag is tripped.

kgbeezr1

Face down is the worst way any phone can land, regardless of distance. It's not really much of a relative barometer of durability. Insurance shouldn't care that the Knox flag is tripped, assuming you actually mean insurance.

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
So drop my note 3 from about one foot off the ground... lands solid face down... no case or screen protector... cracks the screen almost from corner to corner. Took out the warranty for once... happy I did that. So paid 175 and yay phone next day... no... not quite... 2 days later no updates. Call and the note 3 is on backorder and should have one in a week. I heard the note 3 was fragile.... but really? This is more of just a sharing of my experience than anything but I just hope they take it without caring that the knox flag is tripped.

I've heard these issues with both the Note 3 and the GS4. Was worried about getting both of them. My wife has GS4, of course you know what i have. I Have a N3 Flip cover, and have dropped it. Funny enough the flip cover always manages to open on the way down. I have a dent in the metal frame, and have dropped it hard enough that the flip cover came off and the battery popped out, but no damage to the screen. But i do have the invisi shield on it, so maybe that is the difference.

rans0m00

Oct 11, 2012
Face down is the worst way any phone can land, regardless of distance. It's not really much of a relative barometer of durability. Insurance shouldn't care that the Knox flag is tripped, assuming you actually mean insurance.

I've heard these issues with both the Note 3 and the GS4. Was worried about getting both of them. My wife has GS4, of course you know what i have. I Have a N3 Flip cover, and have dropped it. Funny enough the flip cover always manages to open on the way down. I have a dent in the metal frame, and have dropped it hard enough that the flip cover came off and the battery popped out, but no damage to the screen. But i do have the invisi shield on it, so maybe that is the difference.

Whatever insurance I pay for with the jump thing. Really wasn't so big on the idea since I sell my devices... and just buy new ones... but I was like whatever this is knew Ill give it a shot and see what I think.

The face down drop was just payback for me trying to ride my kids big wheel racer thing (like a tricycle with the front tire being very large). Girlfriend was following behind me and I didn't even stop to get my phone(possibly ran over it) and just yelled back joking "how bad is it?" thinking at worst it would be a screen scratch... She then shows me when we get to the car and I was like... well that sucks.. thought was its already broken so no point in getting upset now... especially since I was the one that broke it.

I have dropped it one other time and it hit the corner(dented the plastic a little) where this crack continued to... so just guessing I weakened the glass and the just the face down flop was enough to finish it off.

Limeybastard

Whatever insurance I pay for with the jump thing. Really wasn't so big on the idea since I sell my devices... and just buy new ones... but I was like whatever this is knew Ill give it a shot and see what I think.

The face down drop was just payback for me trying to ride my kids big wheel racer thing (like a tricycle with the front tire being very large). Girlfriend was following behind me and I didn't even stop to get my phone(possibly ran over it) and just yelled back joking "how bad is it?" thinking at worst it would be a screen scratch... She then shows me when we get to the car and I was like... well that sucks.. thought was its already broken so no point in getting upset now... especially since I was the one that broke it.

I have dropped it one other time and it hit the corner(dented the plastic a little) where this crack continued to... so just guessing I weakened the glass and the just the face down flop was enough to finish it off.

There was another guy here ordering a brand new note 3 and he said it was on back order. Looks like you are probably getting a brand new unit then?

Sorry about the dropping, I always want to go without case as I like the feel of the phone naked, but know for a fact I will drop it without a case LOL Even though I have not yet dropped mine since it was released october 3rd.

xile6

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas
Try not to drop your phone lol.

But really after the s2 the s line has gotten crap and break easy from drops.
I my friend has drop so many phones it's not even funny.
He said the s2 last the longest. Drop and no cracks. Power button pop off lol.
His s3 broke and the battery back rubs a hold in it from normal use.
His girl had a s4 and it shatter from falling.

But again all no cases or screen protectors.
I do my best to not drop a phone because now a days there build like eggs.
I remember in the old days you could throw a phone at someone, knock them out then pick it up and call someone lol.

rans0m00

Oct 11, 2012
There was another guy here ordering a brand new note 3 and he said it was on back order. Looks like you are probably getting a brand new unit then?

Sorry about the dropping, I always want to go without case as I like the feel of the phone naked, but know for a fact I will drop it without a case LOL Even though I have not yet dropped mine since it was released october 3rd.

I hope its a new Note3. Ill take a refurb but still prefer new.

Try not to drop your phone lol.

But really after the s2 the s line has gotten crap and break easy from drops.
I my friend has drop so many phones it's not even funny.
He said the s2 last the longest. Drop and no cracks. Power button pop off lol.
His s3 broke and the battery back rubs a hold in it from normal use.
His girl had a s4 and it shatter from falling.

But again all no cases or screen protectors.
I do my best to not drop a phone because now a days there build like eggs.
I remember in the old days you could throw a phone at someone, knock them out then pick it up and call someone lol.

Well after such a good experience with the Note2 I decided to try case free... that has now stopped. Have a case and screen protector ready for the new one.

After the quick break on this one I am probably going to be selling the replacement one.... unsure if it will be replaced with a s5 or sony z1s. Thats a topic for another day and a lot more research.

rans0m00

Oct 11, 2012
Wait for Sony z2s with massive screen phablet love.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I cycle a lot..... really a lot... so carrying a note 3 in my jersey is a slight hassle and wont fit in my saddle bag.

I am wanting a large note3 like phone and then a compact high end phone... I had a N5 and it was all good except the battery life left me with a dead phone on heavy use days. The note3 has never failed me on that one.

Limeybastard

I cycle a lot..... really a lot... so carrying a note 3 in my jersey is a slight hassle and wont fit in my saddle bag.

I am wanting a large note3 like phone and then a compact high end phone... I had a N5 and it was all good except the battery life left me with a dead phone on heavy use days. The note3 has never failed me on that one.

Wish I could cycle or walk more. Put on 20 pounds since I stopped all exercise since December. Shame on me.

Anonymous777

Jun 17, 2012
Salt Lake City
I sent in a phone for a warranty replacement and I left the ROM on it and everything and I got mine replaced. Most refurbished phones are ones that someone owned for a couple days and returned it for whatever reason.

rans0m00

Oct 11, 2012
Guess this means I got a new one? the bag they sent me to return the device isnt big enough for charger cable etc.. Guess I will call them and ask... not feeling paying extra just because I didn't return the new charger they sent me. I do have the slight urge to do some drop tests with my phone that is going back as a warranty exchange.... I wont but am curious.

2014-03-24151738.jpg

2014-03-24151649.jpg

CravingMender9

Jun 6, 2011
Charlotte
www.rahulisola.com
Guess this means I got a new one? the bag they sent me to return the device isnt big enough for charger cable etc.. Guess I will call them and ask... not feeling paying extra just because I didn't return the new charger they sent me. I do have the slight urge to do some drop tests with my phone that is going back as a warranty exchange.... I wont but am curious.

Yes, looks like you got a new one. When I got mine, it was refurbished, and NOT in a Samsung box. rather, it was a box from the insurance company.

Congrats :D

rans0m00

Oct 11, 2012
Yes, looks like you got a new one. When I got mine, it was refurbished, and NOT in a Samsung box. rather, it was a box from the insurance company.

Congrats :D

Thank you for the info. Now to just charge it up and check the multitouch and of course root and get to flashing. Really hoping I can just take my backup of my old Note3 and use it in my new Note3. Then TiBu the apps. Time is seriously short about to take a road trip from the Midwest to NY and the unlimited tethering among other things is a slight need. Side note... loving X-Note.

Limeybastard

Thank you for the info. Now to just charge it up and check the multitouch and of course root and get to flashing. Really hoping I can just take my backup of my old Note3 and use it in my new Note3. Then TiBu the apps. Time is seriously short about to take a road trip from the Midwest to NY and the unlimited tethering among other things is a slight need. Side note... loving X-Note.

I told you , you would get a new one. Lucky git! :cyclops:

rans0m00

Oct 11, 2012
I told you , you would get a new one. Lucky git! :cyclops:

Yep I'm not complaining. This one after testing basic functioning has a screen protector on it with a case. Just went with the tech21 for both because they were there.

And yes I restored the backup from my previous note3 to the new one and no hiccups. Took like 15 minutes from root to just like the other.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk