Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Anyone else having issues with Dropbox on SlimKat?

OP Draxin

24th March 2014, 02:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 99
 
317 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
As the title suggests, Dropbox won't work for me on slimkat.

When I try to sign in I get a quick toast telling me dropbox has stopped working then *poof* app drawer. I have restored it from TiBu with and without data, wiped the data, and installed from the app store, all to no avail. I have searched around, and found the random odd person having the same issue with dropbox or Google+ but, it sounds like wiping data fixed their problems. they were also on official Ports. Dropbox still works great on my stock ROM.

xt912
Slimkat 4.4.2. build 23 I think (whichever one was released 20140320)
SlimGapps
jbx kernel 2014-03-23

I have not run into any other issues with other apps (just occasional lag) and this is the first time I have installed a custom ROM on this phone, so don't know if previous versions of SlimKat would cause this issue with me, just wondering if anyone else had run into this, and if so,how did you fix it?

*edit* Scratch that, also found that poweramp will freeze the ROM when the screen goes off requiring a hardreset. Did a little looking and, sounds like that is a fairly common problem right now with 4.4.

Thanks.
Last edited by Draxin; 24th March 2014 at 03:21 AM.
24th March 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #2  
tydiamond11's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 197
 
1,110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
I have not seen anything like the Dropbox app crash I just re downloaded it and tried the app and like you said it crashes instantly maybe a app issue. the last one though idk I listen to music lots of times and my phone has not done that in a long time

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tydiamond11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #3  
neo.ank's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 550
 
1,245 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draxin

As the title suggests, Dropbox won't work for me on slimkat.

When I try to sign in I get a quick toast telling me dropbox has stopped working then *poof* app drawer. I have restored it from TiBu with and without data, wiped the data, and installed from the app store, all to no avail. I have searched around, and found the random odd person having the same issue with dropbox or Google+ but, it sounds like wiping data fixed their problems. they were also on official Ports. Dropbox still works great on my stock ROM.

xt912
Slimkat 4.4.2. build 23 I think (whichever one was released 20140320)
SlimGapps
jbx kernel 2014-03-23

I have not run into any other issues with other apps (just occasional lag) and this is the first time I have installed a custom ROM on this phone, so don't know if previous versions of SlimKat would cause this issue with me, just wondering if anyone else had run into this, and if so,how did you fix it?

*edit* Scratch that, also found that poweramp will freeze the ROM when the screen goes off requiring a hardreset. Did a little looking and, sounds like that is a fairly common problem right now with 4.4.

Thanks.

Dropbox, as well as music are working fine for me. Slimkat+JBX

Try wiping cache & dalvik again.
For dropbox don't restore it, perform a fresh download from Play store and see if it works.

As for, poweramp, I can't be sure 'cause I don't use it. However, wiping dalvik might fix that too. Just to confirm, you're not trying to play .flac or other lossless format.? 'Cuase that is an issue with KitKat Roms.
The Following User Says Thank You to neo.ank For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 99
 
317 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo.ank

Dropbox, as well as music are working fine for me. Slimkat+JBX

Try wiping cache & dalvik again.
For dropbox don't restore it, perform a fresh download from Play store and see if it works.

As for, poweramp, I can't be sure 'cause I don't use it. However, wiping dalvik might fix that too. Just to confirm, you're not trying to play .flac or other lossless format.? 'Cuase that is an issue with KitKat Roms.

No difference on Dropbox. I uninstalled what I had, wiped dalvik & cache, reinstalled fresh from play store and same thing (I had already tried that before).
I can still get to Dropbox through FX so it really isn't that big of deal.

With Poweramp I will have to play with it when I get off work. No, no lossless formats, MP3 only. I don't have any problem playing anything, it is just when I shut the screen off while music is playing, sometimes I will get a skipping type sound that repeats before finally quitting. Sometimes music will just stop playing. Either way though, hardware buttons will not wake the phone, absolutely no response. I have to press down vol up and down, and the power button for a reboot.
25th March 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 99
 
317 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Long story short, tried a couple different things, including another dalvik and cache wipe, and it would still freeze.

So after giving up, I went ahead and did a full wipe and partition setup to install the jbx update. After everything is done, Poweramp works with the screen off. Don't know what happened or what I had done to it, but it is undone now.

Dropbox still doesn't work *shrug* Can't win them all
25th March 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #6  
tydiamond11's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 197
 
1,110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
I think it still is a Dropbox issue lol thanks for the update

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
4th June 2014, 01:57 AM   |  #7  
AGLtech's Avatar
Member
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 5
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydiamond11

I think it still is a Dropbox issue lol thanks for the update

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Dropbox doesnt work on slim 4.3 either. I really need dropbox so if anyone has an answer please let us know

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes