Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,618 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Upgrade to 4.13.651.4 via RUU?

Tip us?
 
sladehawke
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 144
Join Date: Feb 2010
Default [Q] Upgrade to 4.13.651.4 via RUU?

Captain's thread suggests upgrading to 4.13.651.4 via RUU. I am currently s-off running the early release, 4.13.651.1

Before I make that jump I want to make sure I have the procedure right... I touch this stuff so rarely now that I hardly trust myself.

Here is my plan
  1. relock bootloader
  2. run RUU and let the phone settle
  3. htc unlock
  4. run a PJ75IMG with the custom twrp recovery
  5. flash odex/deodex version

does that sound about right?
 
SilverZero
Old
(Last edited by SilverZero; 24th March 2014 at 01:08 AM.)
#2  
SilverZero's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 179
Posts: 1,130
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sladehawke View Post
Captain's thread suggests upgrading to 4.13.651.4 via RUU. I am currently s-off running the early release, 4.13.651.1

Before I make that jump I want to make sure I have the procedure right... I touch this stuff so rarely now that I hardly trust myself.

Here is my plan
  1. relock bootloader
  2. run RUU and let the phone settle
  3. htc unlock
  4. run a PJ75IMG with the custom twrp recovery
  5. flash odex/deodex version

does that sound about right?
If you're S-OFF you do NOT need to re-lock the bootloader. I never did. You'll probably still have to unlock it after the RUU, but you don't need to relock it first. Make sure you get the right recovery (from Cap's thread). Otherwise you're on the right track.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SilverZero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Evolution_Freak
Old
#3  
Evolution_Freak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 323
Posts: 594
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: East Stroudsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by sladehawke View Post
Captain's thread suggests upgrading to 4.13.651.4 via RUU. I am currently s-off running the early release, 4.13.651.1

Before I make that jump I want to make sure I have the procedure right... I touch this stuff so rarely now that I hardly trust myself.

Here is my plan
  1. relock bootloader
  2. run RUU and let the phone settle
  3. htc unlock
  4. run a PJ75IMG with the custom twrp recovery
  5. flash odex/deodex version

does that sound about right?
From what I've read, through the search feature, I don't think you need to relock being that you're S-off. You may want to search that a bit more however.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Evolution_Freak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Magnum_Enforcer
Old
#4  
Magnum_Enforcer's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1801
Posts: 3,373
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Birmingham, AL

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by atheistevofreak View Post
From what I've read, through the search feature, I don't think you need to relock being that you're S-off. You may want to search that a bit more however.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Correct. You do not have to relock the bootloader if you're S-off.

OP, once you've flashed the ROM you'll need to make sure you install the latest SuperSU so you have root access.

Sent from my EVO LTE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sladehawke
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 144
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinZ28 View Post
Correct. You do not have to relock the bootloader if you're S-off.

OP, once you've flashed the ROM you'll need to make sure you install the latest SuperSU so you have root access.

Sent from my EVO LTE
I'm planning on installing the De-ODEX version, so i think that will already be included... I use several of the systemUI mods
 
Magnum_Enforcer
Old
#6  
Magnum_Enforcer's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1801
Posts: 3,373
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Birmingham, AL

 
DONATE TO ME
It won't be. You'll need to flash the zip in recovery. You can get the latest version in the link below:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053

Sent from my EVO LTE
The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Sh3llSh0ck
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 22
Join Date: May 2012
I ran just the zip and it worked great. Installed viper 4.0 and working great!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes