Post Reply

[Q] how to root without UNLOCK bootloader

OP moha_moha20106

24th March 2014, 12:57 AM   |  #1  
moha_moha20106's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 75
 
182 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
hi all,

i was LOCKED my M7 with this methods

this steps need to be rooted, i did right to back to LOCKED,

then install RUU.exe with HBOOT 1.44

but when i try to flash recovery, it's need UNLOCKED,

the problem is : the method i did before to be LOCKED no way to UNLOCK it without root

and the root need UNLOCKED

the UNLOCKED method need root.... etc

any way to root my phone or unlock it ?
24th March 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #2  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,185
 
3,076 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moha_moha20106

hi all,

i was LOCKED my M7 with this methods

this steps need to be rooted, i did right to back to LOCKED,

then install RUU.exe with HBOOT 1.44

but when i try to flash recovery, it's need UNLOCKED,

the problem is : the method i did before to be LOCKED no way to UNLOCK it without root

and the root need UNLOCKED

the UNLOCKED method need root.... etc

any way to root my phone or unlock it ?

Yes, unlock your bootloader from HTCdev.com.
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #3  
scotty1223's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,365
 
2,301 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Assuming you are still s off,you just need to pack up your recovery image into a zip file with an android info text document. This type of file is easily installed via fastboot and ruu mode.

The easiest way to make this file is to take another file,like the firmware file from an OTApkg or an ruu. Extract it,and delete everything but the android info text file. Insert your recovery image. Rezip.

Alternately,you could always re-unlock the old fashioned way,via htcdev. Depending on if any parameters have changed,you may even be able.to use your original unlock_code.bin

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty1223 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #4  
moha_moha20106's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 75
 
182 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

Yes, unlock your bootloader from HTCdev.com.

the Unlock_code.bin doesn't work
24th March 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #5  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,185
 
3,076 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moha_moha20106

the Unlock_code.bin doesn't work

Was it a new unlock-code or onw that you generated the first time you have unlocked?
Are you still s-off? if yes do what mentioned above.
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #6  
moha_moha20106's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 75
 
182 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1223

Assuming you are still s off,you just need to pack up your recovery image into a zip file with an android info text document. This type of file is easily installed via fastboot and ruu mode.

The easiest way to make this file is to take another file,like the firmware file from an OTApkg or an ruu. Extract it,and delete everything but the android info text file. Insert your recovery image. Rezip.

Alternately,you could always re-unlock the old fashioned way,via htcdev. Depending on if any parameters have changed,you may even be able.to use your original unlock_code.bin

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using Tapatalk 2

please dear, how can i backup recovery image ?

can i do it without root ?

the original Unlock_code.bin not working maybe need to get new fastboot oem get_identifier_token codes
Last edited by moha_moha20106; 24th March 2014 at 02:21 AM.
24th March 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #7  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,185
 
3,076 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moha_moha20106

please dear, how can i backup recovery image ?

not back up, pack up!
Like he said, use a firmware.zip archive from i.e. a ruu or ota. Delete all file except the android-info-txt. Place your custom recovery named recovery.img in that archive then flash it in ruu mode, make sure the android-info.txt match your device info, edit it as required.
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
fastboot reboot-bootloader
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2014, 02:45 AM   |  #8  
scotty1223's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,365
 
2,301 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by moha_moha20106

please dear, how can i backup recovery image ?

can i do it without root ?

the original Unlock_code.bin not working maybe need to get new fastboot oem get_identifier_token codes

You don't back up your recovery image. You use the one you want to install(twrp or clockwork)

Yes,you can do it without root. But as I said,you must be s off.


Sent from my HTC PG09410 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by scotty1223; 24th March 2014 at 12:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty1223 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #9  
moha_moha20106's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 75
 
182 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

not back up, pack up!
Like he said, use a firmware.zip archive from i.e. a ruu or ota. Delete all file except the android-info-txt. Place your custom recovery named recovery.img in that archive then flash it in ruu mode, make sure the android-info.txt match your device info, edit it as required.

Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
fastboot reboot-bootloader

Dear Alray, thank you very much
24th March 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #10  
moha_moha20106's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 75
 
182 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1223

You don't back up your recovery image. You use the one you want to install(twrp or clockwork)

Yes,you can do it without root. But as I said,you must be s off.


Sent from my HTC PG09410 using Tapatalk 2

Dear scotty1223, thank you very much , the phone unlocked with new Unlock_code.bin

and flash the recovery as your steps

thank you very much

The Following User Says Thank You to moha_moha20106 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes