FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

How to create a symlink?

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My phone has a symlink of sdcard on the root. Cant I make some other symlinks? I tried the ln -l on terminal emulator. But it didnt work.
Sorry if someone has already posted on this topic.

Sent from my LG-E405 using xda app-developers app
 
 
24th March 2014, 06:56 AM |#2  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 962
 
Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4pa1

My phone has a symlink of sdcard on the root. Cant I make some other symlinks? I tried the ln -l on terminal emulator. But it didnt work.
Sorry if someone has already posted on this topic.

Sent from my LG-E405 using xda app-developers app

Which Android version is present? Stock? Rooted? Or a custom rom? When you post detailled and specific questions it can help to get a valid anser soon
24th March 2014, 06:14 PM |#3  
p4pa1's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Gingerbread (2.3.6) STOCK

Sent from my LG-E405 using xda app-developers app
24th March 2014, 07:47 PM |#4  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 962
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4pa1

Gingerbread (2.3.6) STOCK

Sent from my LG-E405 using xda app-developers app

NO WAY
25th March 2014, 02:54 AM |#5  
p4pa1's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
How does the manufacturer create a symlink of sdcard on the root then?

Sent from my LG-E405 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1395712456793.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	2648525  
25th March 2014, 03:09 AM |#6  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 962
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4pa1

How does the manufacturer create a symlink of sdcard on the root then?

Sent from my LG-E405 using xda app-developers app



i suppose they hat "root access" while developing the rom...
25th March 2014, 05:36 AM |#7  
p4pa1's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I have root acces

Sent from my LG-E405 using xda app-developers app
25th March 2014, 06:16 AM |#8  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 962
 
Donate to Me
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4pa1

I have root acces

Sent from my LG-E405 using xda app-developers app



Whats the reason you want to create more symbolic links manually?
25th March 2014, 08:13 PM |#9  
p4pa1's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I want to move /data to my sdcard and make a symlink on the /

Sent from my LG-E405 using xda app-developers app
25th March 2014, 10:28 PM |#10  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 962
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4pa1

I want to move /data to my sdcard and make a symlink on the /

Sent from my LG-E405 using xda app-developers app

Just use "Link2SD" from the playstore LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2014, 02:30 PM |#11  
p4pa1's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
It didnt work on my sdcard. Thats why I want to try this.

Sent from my LG-E405 using xda app-developers app

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes