Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 47,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Front camera forcing noise reduction

Tip us?

dan24591
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Front camera forcing noise reduction

I love this phone and the cameras take phenomenal pictures, but the only thing that is really winding me up is the digital noise reduction that seems to be forced on the front camera if there is medium to low light. I haven't really noticed it on the back camera. What I'm wondering is that if I were to root the phone, is there some kind of mod released for the camera to turn off digital noise reduction completely? I've noticed an app called 'Silent Camera' does exactly that but it's a terrible app.

Thanks.

bladerj
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan24591 View Post
I love this phone and the cameras take phenomenal pictures, but the only thing that is really winding me up is the digital noise reduction that seems to be forced on the front camera if there is medium to low light. I haven't really noticed it on the back camera. What I'm wondering is that if I were to root the phone, is there some kind of mod released for the camera to turn off digital noise reduction completely? I've noticed an app called 'Silent Camera' does exactly that but it's a terrible app.

Thanks.
Looking for answers too, this is really annoying :/ I don't think you have found any solution, did you?
Tags
camera, digital noise reduction, dnr, waxy