No registration required

[Q] Problem with File transfers to SD Card

OP ashtonsd

10th March 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 287

394 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duly.noted

Is not working for me. Lost ability to see my sd card and all apps where failing. ALOT!! Not exactly sure what the issue was. I had to reflash using odin twice to fix the issue. Also before reflashing it seems I lost the ability to write to either sd card. Internal or external.

Quote:

Got it to work o the second try. Make sure the format is exactly the same when you add the new line or things go crazy
Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium HD app

Hi, glad to hear you were able to get it fixed. I saw your post in the other forum about the 5 GHz band missing in the UK. If you need any help with anything just give me a holler.

Developers don't need no stinkin' signature!
If I've been able to help you, please hit the "Thanks" button.
13th March 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 107

501 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android.Ninja

Hi, glad to hear you were able to get it fixed. I saw your post in the other forum about the 5 GHz band missing in the UK. If you need any help with anything just give me a holler.

Thanks. I've lurked for years LOL. Just got active recently. Really good at setup and implementation usually LOL. You should turn your attention to the Screen mirror issue on rooted devices. Its broken for most.

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium HD app
13th March 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 8

103 posts
[QUOTE=Android.Ninja;50728888]I have tested and can confirm following these directions to the letter on a rooted device, does solve the problem on the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 - SM-P900. I'm now able to write & save to my Sandisk 64gb HS SD card without any problems at all!

I can write to the card now too (same card) but only by manually copying files over. I guess I was expecting to be able to relocate apps to the new card via the regular system menu but so far it seems that just does the same fake 'move to SD' as before.
I've used foldermount in the past with some success, but when I went to try it tonight I got an error message on start I'm not so sure about. My main goal will be to relocate apps to the external card (and comics).
21st March 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
[QUOTE=Buji extern,;51044287]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anroid.Ninja

I have tested and can confirm following these directions to the letter on a rooted device, does solve the problem on the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 - SM-P900. I'm now able to write & save to my Sandisk 64gb HS SD card without any problems at all!

I can write to the card now too (same card) but only by manually copying files over. I guess I was expecting to be able to relocate apps to the new card via the regular system menu but so far it seems that just does the same fake 'move to SD' as before.
I've used foldermount in the past with some success, but when I went to try it tonight I got an error message on start I'm not so sure about. My main goal will be to relocate apps to the external card (and comics).

Too sad! An external drive that's pretty much useless. Are they scared people might actually use it?
21st March 2014, 01:19 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 43

519 posts
The thing that annoys me is Google said the locked down the external SD card for security.

What is more secure hardware that you own, or the cloud that is out of your control?
21st March 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 107

501 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroDigital

The thing that annoys me is Google said the locked down the external SD card for security.

What is more secure hardware that you own, or the cloud that is out of your control?

It isn't to protect you. It's to protect their media partners
24th March 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 287

394 posts
Quote:

It isn't to protect you. It's to protect their media partners

True, so true.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread