OP gurudevj

24th March 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Hi all,

I am using lava xolo Q2000 model mobile with android jelly bean in it.

I m used to games a lot, So I have gone for apps which are not from google play. There my mistake strsrts, at that time my mobile performance and all were good.

But later the following problems started,

1. The display just turned off and I can able to sense and hear the application is still running but only the screen turned off, when I am rebooting my mobile it gets OK and working fine - Is this problem on hardware or its OS or because of any third party app installed ?
2. Whenever I switching ON my network connection the mobile itself installs random apps by itself the frequent one getting installed is flappy bird. I keep on unistalling it several times it is getting installed everytime I m getting internet connection - If it was an issue with the virus from third party apps please help me in how to remove them ?

I know there were many android geeks around in this forum, So I am here to meet them by answering and helping me....

Thanks in advance
Last edited by gurudevj; 24th March 2014 at 07:45 AM.
24th March 2014, 07:53 AM   |  #2  
Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 591

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudevj

Hi all,

I am using lava xolo Q2000 model mobile with android jelly bean in it.

I m used to games a lot, So I have gone for apps which are not from google play. There my mistake strsrts, at that time my mobile performance and all were good.

But later the following problems started,

1. The display just turned off and I can able to sense and hear the application is still running but only the screen turned off, when I am rebooting my mobile it gets OK and working fine - Is this problem on hardware or its OS or because of any third party app installed ?
2. Whenever I switching ON my network connection the mobile itself installs random apps by itself the frequent one getting installed is flappy bird. I keep on unistalling it several times it is getting installed everytime I m getting internet connection - If it was an issue with the virus from third party apps please help me in how to remove them ?

I know there were many android geeks around in this forum, So I am here to meet them by answering and helping me....

Thanks in advance

First question: What apps did you install?

And next one: Did you uninstall all of them after facing this issues?

Are you rooted yet?
24th March 2014, 08:04 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag chennai

9 posts
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD

First question: What apps did you install?

And next one: Did you uninstall all of them after facing this issues?

Are you rooted yet?

No I haven't rooted.

I cant differentiate which are from android market and what are from outside of it .

I have un-installed most of the apps that I suspect, but few might be still in phone

Could you please tell me how to find the difference from the sources.

Are you sure uninstalling them will avoid the behavior completely. please help me . Do I need to Factory reset ?
Last edited by gurudevj; 24th March 2014 at 08:27 AM.
24th March 2014, 08:40 AM   |  #4  
Lübeck

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No I haven't rooted.

I cant differentiate which are from android market and what are from outside of it .

I have un-installed most of the apps that I suspect, but few might be still in phone

Could you please tell me how to find the difference from the sources.

Are you sure uninstalling them will avoid the behavior completely. please help me . Do I need to Factory reset ?

best way to control is phone is the root acces.

First you should install some avast antivirus. Normally google play checks every application for unwished content.

I do many installs manually without google checking my apps and also i dont use some antivirus, because i feel very familiar with my setup.

Here you can find AVAST apk Wasn't that easy to find without googgle Play... see if it reports you some malware
24th March 2014, 09:02 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag chennai

9 posts
More
Unhappy
Quote:

best way to control is phone is the root acces.

First you should install some avast antivirus. Normally google play checks every application for unwished content.

I do many installs manually without google checking my apps and also i dont use some antivirus, because i feel very familiar with my setup.

Here you can find AVAST apk Wasn't that easy to find without googgle Play... see if it reports you some malware

Nice
I forgot to specify one thing,

I was using lookout(free version) for a long time and it hasn't detected anything. But one strange thing is lookout's logo on top left of mobile was green but it turned black and white for few days where this problem persists.

Should I need to uninstall it and then install avast or both in the mobile wont be harm to the mobile right? because two antivirus in same device I don't now what will happen.
24th March 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #6  
Lübeck

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Nice
I forgot to specify one thing,

I was using lookout(free version) for a long time and it hasn't detected anything. But one strange thing is lookout's logo on top left of mobile was green but it turned black and white for few days where this problem persists.

Should I need to uninstall it and then install avast or both in the mobile wont be harm to the mobile right? because two antivirus in same device I don't now what will happen.

just once a time. avast is best i suppose. And generally you should uninstall every app thta missbehaves noticeable to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #7  
Flag here , @xda
Thanks Meter: 147

241 posts
More
Try to install an antivirus . Virus can make this problem .

If you have root access just temporary unroot it .

Or please restore your backup if you had .

Hope I helped .

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th March 2014, 10:11 AM   |  #8  
Lübeck

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfasPeralassery

Try to install an antivirus . Virus can make this problem .

If you have root access just temporary unroot it .

Or please restore your backup if you had .

Hope I helped .

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DID YOU EVEN READ the post?

He just installed Antivirus as i adviced

AND he just wrote hes not rooted @ all

24th March 2014, 11:27 AM   |  #9  
Flag here , @xda
Thanks Meter: 147

241 posts
More
Quote:

DID YOU EVEN READ the post?

He just installed Antivirus as i adviced

AND he just wrote hes not rooted @ all

Oh sorry I was in little busy at that time . Tell him just install a custom rom or use ota update to solve this problem .
24th March 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Flag chennai

9 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfasPeralassery

Oh sorry I was in little busy at that time . Tell him just install a custom rom or use ota update to solve this problem .

What is OTA update and custom ROM ?

I have installed AVAST as suggested by LS.xD .

I have scanned and found a result of no malwares. Ok lets hang on for some times with avast and see if the problem persists.

Thanks a lot LS.xD .

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread