Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Tethering for the Gpad (Bluetooth & Usb

OP sleekmason

16th March 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #1  
sleekmason's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fayetteville
Thanks Meter: 245
 
505 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Anybody interested in bluetooth or USB tethering?

Pretty cool that.

But, what I would like to know, are other uses for either Bluetooth or USB tethering.
Anything else tethering is good for?

link for download in second post.
Last edited by sleekmason; 17th March 2014 at 08:19 AM.
17th March 2014, 07:39 AM   |  #2  
sleekmason's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fayetteville
Thanks Meter: 245
 
505 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Thanks to a tip from @id10terror, I uploaded sleekai5 to github for direct download as xda still is having issues.
Install from HERE

After install, look in Settings - Wireless and Networks - More - Tethering and Portable Hotspots

The hotspot option will not work, only tethering.
Last edited by sleekmason; 17th March 2014 at 08:20 AM.
17th March 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 104
 
1,675 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
No disrespect, but qpair if installed on your tablet and phone work great and does same thing

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
17th March 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #4  
sleekmason's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fayetteville
Thanks Meter: 245
 
505 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadoc

No disrespect, but qpair if installed on your tablet and phone work great and does same thing

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

I wasn't aware qpair worked on non lg phones. Cool!

Also isn't qpair an installed app? = more battery usage. Pretty sure you have to install it on both devices yes?
Do you have USB tethering with qpair as well?

Qpair is not the same thing.

Tethering is for the tablet to other devices, not the other way around.
Last edited by sleekmason; 17th March 2014 at 04:31 PM.
21st March 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 104
 
1,675 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
It is installed but you turn it in and off. Does more than tether also. Alford you to receive and reply to sms messages right from the tablet

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Q pair allows you to connect to a device like your phone so that you have Internet connectivity.
Not sure why I would want to use my wifi only tablet as a hub to tether from.
Maybe the vzw model would benefit from that

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
21st March 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #6  
cam30era's Avatar
Senior Member
Columbus, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 467
 
1,893 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekmason

I wasn't aware qpair worked on non lg phones. Cool!

Also isn't qpair an installed app? = more battery usage. Pretty sure you have to install it on both devices yes?
Do you have USB tethering with qpair as well?

Qpair is not the same thing.

Tethering is for the tablet to other devices, not the other way around.

Qpair is working like a charm on my Note 3 and V500 tablet with CM11 on both.
21st March 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #7  
sleekmason's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fayetteville
Thanks Meter: 245
 
505 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadoc

It is installed but you turn it in and off. Does more than tether also. Alford you to receive and reply to sms messages right from the tablet

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Q pair allows you to connect to a device like your phone so that you have Internet connectivity.
Not sure why I would want to use my wifi only tablet as a hub to tether from.
Maybe the vzw model would benefit from that

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Good question.
I have a laptop with broken wifi. I need to use my computer for the internet while I am working on other computer related projects. That is one use. I was hoping for some other uses as well, but even that one keeps me from having to buy a USB WiFi setup. I really don't know why qpair was brought up as it is not relevant to the op.
24th March 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 104
 
1,675 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Bright it up add it is a solution for a nearest way to connect one phone to one's tablet giving hotspot and other features. Sorry if it was a thread Jack

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
24th March 2014, 10:41 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
330 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Your laptop should have an ethernet port on it. You can buy an ethernet to wifi bridge and use wifi on your laptop if your wifi card is not user replaceable.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes