5,604,122 Members 48,401 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE][VIDEO] Droid MAXX/Ultra/Mini - Return to stock (RSD Lite OR manual flash)

Tip us?

pbaldw10
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Worked great. Not difficult at all.

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app

kanagadeepan
Old
Thanks Meter 21
First of all, a lot of Thanks for this useful thread sir...

I am using DroidMAXX with Unlocked BL, rooted and customRecovery flashed... I can see the lines to flash boot image and recovery image. So on flashing this my phone's BL will be relocked and stock recovery will be flashed, isn't it. Later I can again unlock using the code, right? And I can use this method to receive OTA (for 4.4.2) right?

BladeRunner
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanagadeepan View Post
First of all, a lot of Thanks for this useful thread sir...

I am using DroidMAXX with Unlocked BL, rooted and customRecovery flashed... I can see the lines to flash boot image and recovery image. So on flashing this my phone's BL will be relocked and stock recovery will be flashed, isn't it. Later I can again unlock using the code, right? And I can use this method to receive OTA (for 4.4.2) right?
No, this will NOT re-lock your bootloader. It does flash the stock recovery and unroot you so you can receive an OTA.
The Following User Says Thank You to BladeRunner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kanagadeepan
Old
Thanks Meter 21
OH... Thanks ji for the clarificaiton... So I can flash it and reroot by flashing twrp recovery? Why I am asking is I have messed with the active notifications and other Moto apps using Titanium Backup.. Now I want my root + Active Notifications back...

Thanks again, my friend...

BladeRunner
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanagadeepan View Post
OH... Thanks ji for the clarificaiton... So I can flash it and reroot by flashing twrp recovery? Why I am asking is I have messed with the active notifications and other Moto apps using Titanium Backup.. Now I want my root + Active Notifications back...

Thanks again, my friend...
yes, just flash twrp and reroot

Jay_P11
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I know that this won't work for downgrading from 4.4 to 4.2.2, but I'm wondering why not? What is making it so that this doesn't work? I'm thinking it has something to do with the new recovery that was flashed with the update, but I'm not sure.
Current daily driver: Droid Ultra XT1080 - Completely stock 4.4

akellar
Old
Thanks Meter 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_P11 View Post
I know that this won't work for downgrading from 4.4 to 4.2.2, but I'm wondering why not? What is making it so that this doesn't work? I'm thinking it has something to do with the new recovery that was flashed with the update, but I'm not sure.
Bootloader
Please note, I do not do ROM support via PM. If you have a question, ask in the device thread. Thanks.

Jay_P11
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by akellar View Post
Bootloader
Alright thanks for clarifying. My battery life is absolutely horrid, about 8 hours MAX per day before I need a charge, and it was never like this on 4.2.2 :/ 4.4's "Battery Saver" feature in WiFi settings never works anymore either, it just turns itself off the second I turn it on. Definitely some major bugs in this build, and I'm hoping they get fixed in the next update. If they don't, then I'm just going to pony up $300 for early termination and get an LG G2.

Jay_P11
Old
Thanks Meter 2
One more thing, this should work for restoring back to factory 4.4 on 4.4 then right? Maybe my update is broken and it just needs a clean install for the battery saver to work?