Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,329 Members 38,922 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Strange things happening

Tip us?

Brian D
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default Strange things happening

Today I wanted to upload the new P5210 OEM Rom P5210UEUANB2. So I set up ODIN and loaded without issues. I then installed TWRP and rooted. After all that was done, I started setting the system up to the way I like it by using NoBloat to remove apps. I must have removed one that was associated with my Play Store app. This app opens and then closes just as fast.

So the next thing I did was to restore to my last save which was yesterday. I restored and the problem followed. It should be noted that when I restored, the system went back to the previous version. I am guessing that it was something in one of the caches that did not clear. So I wiped all the caches and restored again. Same thing, Play Store opened and closed just as fast.

Next I loaded the OEM Rom of the version P5210UEUAMK1. Now I get to the setup wizard and it FC's in the middle of me answering questions.

I would like to completely clean this things clock and start fresh with the AMK1 rom. How would I do that in TWRP? Would I wipe both caches, data, system and internal storage? Or would I Format Data? I guess I could try, there has to be a very basic boot level eprom in the system to at least get it into download mode.

Waiting for some advise and appreciate any you can give. Thanks.

Brian D
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D View Post
Today I wanted to upload the new P5210 OEM Rom P5210UEUANB2. So I set up ODIN and loaded without issues. I then installed TWRP and rooted. After all that was done, I started setting the system up to the way I like it by using NoBloat to remove apps. I must have removed one that was associated with my Play Store app. This app opens and then closes just as fast.

So the next thing I did was to restore to my last save which was yesterday. I restored and the problem followed. It should be noted that when I restored, the system went back to the previous version. I am guessing that it was something in one of the caches that did not clear. So I wiped all the caches and restored again. Same thing, Play Store opened and closed just as fast.

Next I loaded the OEM Rom of the version P5210UEUAMK1. Now I get to the setup wizard and it FC's in the middle of me answering questions.

I would like to completely clean this things clock and start fresh with the AMK1 rom. How would I do that in TWRP? Would I wipe both caches, data, system and internal storage? Or would I Format Data? I guess I could try, there has to be a very basic boot level eprom in the system to at least get it into download mode.

Waiting for some advise and appreciate any you can give. Thanks.
I think I found the problem. It was not anything I did last night, it was what I did a few days ago and saved as part of my backup. It would appear that I broke the Play Store but did not realize it until now. I restored the next oldest backup and everything is working as it should. I knew I should test certain apps before I do a backup. LOL