Strange things happening

OP Brian D

24th March 2014, 05:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oceanside, Ca
Thanks Meter: 32

186 posts
More
Today I wanted to upload the new P5210 OEM Rom P5210UEUANB2. So I set up ODIN and loaded without issues. I then installed TWRP and rooted. After all that was done, I started setting the system up to the way I like it by using NoBloat to remove apps. I must have removed one that was associated with my Play Store app. This app opens and then closes just as fast.

So the next thing I did was to restore to my last save which was yesterday. I restored and the problem followed. It should be noted that when I restored, the system went back to the previous version. I am guessing that it was something in one of the caches that did not clear. So I wiped all the caches and restored again. Same thing, Play Store opened and closed just as fast.

Next I loaded the OEM Rom of the version P5210UEUAMK1. Now I get to the setup wizard and it FC's in the middle of me answering questions.

I would like to completely clean this things clock and start fresh with the AMK1 rom. How would I do that in TWRP? Would I wipe both caches, data, system and internal storage? Or would I Format Data? I guess I could try, there has to be a very basic boot level eprom in the system to at least get it into download mode.

Waiting for some advise and appreciate any you can give. Thanks.
24th March 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oceanside, Ca
Thanks Meter: 32

186 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D

Today I wanted to upload the new P5210 OEM Rom P5210UEUANB2. So I set up ODIN and loaded without issues. I then installed TWRP and rooted. After all that was done, I started setting the system up to the way I like it by using NoBloat to remove apps. I must have removed one that was associated with my Play Store app. This app opens and then closes just as fast.

So the next thing I did was to restore to my last save which was yesterday. I restored and the problem followed. It should be noted that when I restored, the system went back to the previous version. I am guessing that it was something in one of the caches that did not clear. So I wiped all the caches and restored again. Same thing, Play Store opened and closed just as fast.

Next I loaded the OEM Rom of the version P5210UEUAMK1. Now I get to the setup wizard and it FC's in the middle of me answering questions.

I would like to completely clean this things clock and start fresh with the AMK1 rom. How would I do that in TWRP? Would I wipe both caches, data, system and internal storage? Or would I Format Data? I guess I could try, there has to be a very basic boot level eprom in the system to at least get it into download mode.

Waiting for some advise and appreciate any you can give. Thanks.

I think I found the problem. It was not anything I did last night, it was what I did a few days ago and saved as part of my backup. It would appear that I broke the Play Store but did not realize it until now. I restored the next oldest backup and everything is working as it should. I knew I should test certain apps before I do a backup. LOL
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread