Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,801 Members 40,040 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQ] Android Gaming Platform

Tip us?

primedevil
Old
(Last edited by primedevil; 16th March 2014 at 04:33 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Angry [REQ] Android Gaming Platform

I was thinking that somebody with the right knowledge and skill could develop a customized version of Android that acts as a gaming platforn and not anything else. In essence, removing all power and ram intensive applications that gaming does not rely on in order to provide a gaming console with decent battery life and decent gameplay. I forgot to mention...i would be really cool if you could dual boot also.
The Following User Says Thank You to primedevil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by primedevil View Post
I was thinking that somebody with the right knowledge and skill could develop a customized version of Android that acts as a gaming platforn and not anything else. In essence, removing all power and ram intensive applications that gaming does not rely on in order to provide a gaming console with decent battery life and decent gameplay. I forgot to mention...i would be really cool if you could dual boot also.
look for cyanASOP in [POLL][FAQ][Discussion] Kit Kat 4.4 / CM 11 for Galaxy S [i9000][i9001][M110S]

primedevil
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks, but this is not what i meant. i ment for an Android system that would act only as a gaming platform, no messaging service, no telephony service, and if possible no cached services whatsoever. I know that that would slow down loading of apps but it will also clear up a lot of memory.

e-yildiz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks

Thanks