Ask a question

No registration required

[REQ] Android Gaming Platform

OP primedevil

16th March 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
I was thinking that somebody with the right knowledge and skill could develop a customized version of Android that acts as a gaming platforn and not anything else. In essence, removing all power and ram intensive applications that gaming does not rely on in order to provide a gaming console with decent battery life and decent gameplay. I forgot to mention...i would be really cool if you could dual boot also.
Last edited by primedevil; 16th March 2014 at 05:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to primedevil For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,256

3,920 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by primedevil

I was thinking that somebody with the right knowledge and skill could develop a customized version of Android that acts as a gaming platforn and not anything else. In essence, removing all power and ram intensive applications that gaming does not rely on in order to provide a gaming console with decent battery life and decent gameplay. I forgot to mention...i would be really cool if you could dual boot also.

look for cyanASOP in [POLL][FAQ][Discussion] Kit Kat 4.4 / CM 11 for Galaxy S [i9000][i9001][M110S]

19th March 2014, 11:38 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Thanks, but this is not what i meant. i ment for an Android system that would act only as a gaming platform, no messaging service, no telephony service, and if possible no cached services whatsoever. I know that that would slow down loading of apps but it will also clear up a lot of memory.
24th March 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thanks
Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread