FORUMS

How to Listen to Beats 1 on Android Right Now

If you felt a bit left out by Apple launching their own online radio station Beats 1 … more

NVidia SHIELD TV – XDA TV Device Review

The SHIELD TV is a not an Android smartphone device. However, that doesn’t mean it … more

PSA: Having cellular connectivity or texting issues tonight?

You’re not alone…Tonight, many users are experiencing a myriad … more

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Anybody know howto port roms from dlx to dlxu dlxub1?

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Qfeng, Junior Member on 24th March 2014, 01:33 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
There are so few custom ROMS for butterfly, and I want to try by myself.
 
 
25th March 2014, 06:52 AM |#2  
praveen7682's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 184
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qfeng

There are so few custom ROMS for butterfly, and I want to try by myself.

Go to this link for steps...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1222746
13th April 2014, 12:12 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
It's not easy because the devices have different frameworks ..it's easier port a Rom from dlx to htl21
13th April 2014, 12:56 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qfeng

There are so few custom ROMS for butterfly, and I want to try by myself.

First thing you need to replace with is kernel
13th April 2014, 01:44 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
If you want to port a sense-based ROM, it is not difficult because both two devices based their sense on the M8 one. So you can use the stock kernel, but if you want to port a CM or AOSP, it's very difficult. Kairi is working on porting the CM for our Butterfly.
13th April 2014, 01:56 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick841

If you want to port a sense-based ROM, it is not difficult because both two devices based their sense on the M8 one. So you can use the stock kernel, but if you want to port a CM or AOSP, it's very difficult. Kairi is working on porting the CM for our Butterfly.

Oh really? As of 4-4-2014 Kairi said the project has stopped because there isn't enough users helping him out.
13th April 2014, 02:03 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xunus

Oh really? As of 4-4-2014 Kairi said the project has stopped because there isn't enough users helping him out.

Where do you read this fact? In his official thread he said only that he doesn't release anything for the moment because the project is hard and ask for helps.
13th April 2014, 02:07 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick841

Where do you read this fact? In his official thread he said only that he doesn't release anything for the moment because the project is hard and ask for helps.

Here Post number 3
13th April 2014, 04:00 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xunus

Here Post number 3

Very bad news, the CM is the base of the 90% of development. We need to help him
14th April 2014, 07:38 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 6
 
Donate to Me
More
I have made a port of NuSense Six for DNA Droid that is running on my European HTC Butterfly (x920e, Deluxe_U).
Sense 6 is great on the Butterfly phone!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes