Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,036 Members 52,049 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What would you want most in a Desire X rom
Custom kernel 2 25.00%
Custom boot animation and advance power menu 2 25.00%
GUI tweaks 5 62.50%
Aspects from other roms 4 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] What would you like in a Desire X custom ROM

Tip us?

prizinor123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up alpha and beta teaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by filipcar View Post
Best of luck! If you need alpha/beta testers i'm here along with some other people that i think will help you.
Thank you for expressing interest and thanks for the luck. I would need some alpha and beta testers because my desire X as of this moment isn't rooted and so I can't test the rom my self. When I finish the nightly I will make a post in this thread about it, at this point I would need people to test it. If you find any bugs problems or want to give suggestions please PM me or post your feed back in the thread. Thank you guys for your help and thank you for being interested in my rom. Again thank you willing to test the rom in such early state.
The Following User Says Thank You to prizinor123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dansou901
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by prizinor123 View Post
I will use a ics sense 5 base. Well for the nightly I will.
Now you're mixing things again. Just for your record: 2.3 - Gingerbread. 4.0 - ICS. 4.1 - JB. 4.2 - JB. 4.3 - JB again. 4.4 - you know this one. Sense 5 won't run on ICS, only on JB.
Current device: Oneplus One 64 GB Sandstone Black
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, I'll help you as much as I can.

prizinor123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Thanks for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansou901 View Post
Now you're mixing things again. Just for your record: 2.3 - Gingerbread. 4.0 - ICS. 4.1 - JB. 4.2 - JB. 4.3 - JB again. 4.4 - you know this one. Sense 5 won't run on ICS, only on JB.
See that's what I thought I am runnig 4.1.1 which I know is ics and upon asking around people wanted a sense 5 rom for the desire X but I am running sense 4 my self. I was getting confused my self. Ok what I am going to do is use my own devices stock rom because it is non rooted so what I will do is add superSU as a system app so that all you people who have root(obviously you do to flash a rom) can have superSU ready. Ok thank you for your help you have helped my become in confused and as I have said I have only ever made 4.4.2 roms on pure android so this is my first time working with ics and sense 4. Thanks again for your help.

Szwajowy
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Ahmm. 4.1 is JB and you are running sense 4 on stock, but there are two 4.1 roms with sense 5. I think you will get this now xd

Wysłane z mojego HTC Desire X przy użyciu Tapatalka
The Following User Says Thank You to Szwajowy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prizinor123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Thanks for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szwajowy View Post
Ahmm. 4.1 is JB and you are running sense 4 on stock, but there are two 4.1 roms with sense 5. I think you will get this now xd

Wysłane z mojego HTC Desire X przy użyciu Tapatalka
Thanks for the information. I will go check out the two roms now. Thank you again for this information.

YouWeThink
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by prizinor123 View Post
Thanks for the information. I will go check out the two roms now. Thank you again for this information.
Maybe a 4.4.2 KitKat ROM for our DX?
You Think. I Think. We Think.

Current Device : HTC Desire X
----------ROOTED----------
ROM : ViMiRo ROM

raaf003
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Kitkat 4.4.2 ROM for DX

i would like to see a Kitkat 4.4.2 ROM for the DX with Google launcher and Google dialer

prizinor123
Old
(Last edited by prizinor123; 24th March 2014 at 01:50 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Prompt Kit Kat ROM

I could try and make a kit kat rom or more to the point i could try and port it across from another device. I also own a HTC one X running 4.4.2 with sense on top obviously and so i could try and port kit kat from that rom to our Desire X. I have never ported a rom before so any help you could give me would be massively helpful. I can try and teach my self and try and learn how to port roms but if you know how to port roms could you please help me. Thank you and sorry the sense 4 rom is running late i haven't been able to work on it due issues at school. I hope to have that out soon i am adding UI tweaks and trying to find a good stable kernel to include in the rom, give me time to to work on this and i will release the rom soon. After i have released my sense 4 rom i will start work on a kit kat port with google launcher and the correct dialer, so yeah port the rom not just make a custom theme. Thanks for all your help i will try and make some good roms for you and have a kit kat port out within the next few weeks and months. Thanks again.