Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

No Delivery report option

OP Kaiser32

25th January 2014, 11:45 AM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

48 posts
One queation not related to this topic, while booting here is at&t logo and lock icon with writing "custom" what does it means?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
25th January 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 35

105 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser32

One queation not related to this topic, while booting here is at&t logo and lock icon with writing "custom" what does it means?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

It means your phone is most likely rooted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th January 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #13  
OP Member

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cojam1

It means your phone is most likely rooted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

So it doesn't means that its a Custom ROM ?
26th January 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #14  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 115

725 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser32

So it doesn't means that its a Custom ROM ?

The AT&T version cannot be flashed right now due to a locked bootloader. Therefore it is impossible to have a custom ROM installed without it running Safestrap which you would see at bootup if it was as it would ask which ROM you wanted to boot with. The CUSTOM lock simply means you are rooted and nothing else. You do not have a special phone or anything.
26th January 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #15  
OP Member

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarenemy68

The AT&T version cannot be flashed right now due to a locked bootloader. Therefore it is impossible to have a custom ROM installed without it running Safestrap which you would see at bootup if it was as it would ask which ROM you wanted to boot with. The CUSTOM lock simply means you are rooted and nothing else. You do not have a special phone or anything.

Thanks a lot for detailed answer
24th March 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
Galaxy J SC-02F
Hello ,
I have a Galaxy J from DoCoMo Japan wich is very close to the Note 3 features , bought it on the online market ,
was not rooted and region locked . I've manage to root the device and to region unlock it with Chainfires unlock app ,
now its working on Europe and even with LTE. Conversations , SMS and mobile data.

But I don't have MMS options in the stock message app , don't have video call in the stock ROM dialer and don't have
any Delivery reports options in the Message settings screen .

My screen looks exactly as the sent picutres on the previous page , but without the MMS options.
The ROM is the stock DoCoMo ROM where I've managed with titanium backup to freeze all the crap. (about 28 usless system apps)

Hints , tips , advices would be welcome.

Thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread